Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.png image wobbles during scaling only after export

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, first time poster here.

I'm working on a project where I scale a .png image over video. I've worked with this image in previous projects without issue, however, on this project (which features identical settings), I am experiencing an issue whereby the image appears to wobble during scaling, post export only. The image is scaling from 85% to 15% over a period of 45s, using linear keyframes, ie there is no acceleration at play.

I'm using CC version 13.1.2 (Build 9), the project is 3840x1634px at 25fps (varying the frame rate has no effect).

I usually export using the H.264 - 'Match Source - High bitrate' settings, however, in attempting to resolve this, I have tried a multitude of export settings both for H264, as well as HEVC H.265 and others. The issue does not occur during playback in-programme - only on export. The smaller the scale of the image, the less severe 'wobble' seems to be.

I've included two examples below, as they probably demonstrate the issue far better than I've described it.

https://vimeo.com/user92047378/review/340952369/d4b55d37f7

https://vimeo.com/user92047378/review/340952346/8bb1f130ca 

Any advice would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks!

Ali

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Links are unavailable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - stupid mistake with the links. Corrected below:

https://vimeo.com/340952346

https://vimeo.com/340952369

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Wobble" connotes to me that there is (unwanted, non-uniform) x or y axis movement in the image.

Is this what is supposed to be visible in the two demo clips?

Or do you mean non-uniform scaling motion - z axis travel (the scaling appears to speed up or slow down)?

What is the frame rate of the sequence?

If you lengthen or shorted the graphic move, is the problem reduced or increased?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. There is unwanted x and y axis movement - wobble or even vibration, if you will - during the scaling.

The graphic should scale smoothly without the appearance of shaking.

The frame rate is 25fps, which I have varied without any resulting change. As I mentioned, the 'effect' seems to occur when the image is closer to 100% scale, therefore shortening the duration of graphic move decreases the duration of the 'effect', in that the smaller the scale becomes, the less noticeable the 'effect'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On review, it seems that the issue is not restricted to after export only, but does, in fact, occur during playback in PP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot of your sequence settings, please?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly

Screenshot 2019-06-07 at 19.43.10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what you mean in the second example.

Turn off Composite in Linear Color. See how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your preview file size is substantially smaller than the sequence, it that intentional?

Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 9.18.55 AM.png

Can you post a screen shot of your Export Settings Summary?

Thanks

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue using Premiere 22.5.0 (Build 62). The issue only happens when the video render and playback in project settings are set to use GPU acceleration CUDA. When using Mercury Engine Software Only playback AND render are perfectly smooth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue using Premiere 22.5.0 (Build 62). The issue only happens when the video render and playback in project settings are set to use GPU acceleration CUDA. When using Mercury Engine Software Only playback AND render are perfectly smooth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If NVIDIA graphics, make sure to use the latest Studio Driver from NVIDIA (NOT the Game Driver).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using Studio driver 516.94 and also tried various studio drivers back to 512.xx versions. All with the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines