Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PNG Import Crash

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've recently updated my Mac (Studio Max) running Monteray 12.3, and Premiere Pro 22.3

I cannot import a PNG with transparency. The program crashes and I have to force quit. 

Any ideas for me please? Mostly I'm finding it crazy that there doesn't seem to be a ticker/support system for Adobe (not that I've ever needed it before) this one I cannot find an answer to.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

So I found the issue.

I am getting instances where certain files written to the server (Synology NAS) by photoshop are not being given correct permissions. Photoshop flags this when trying to open the file later, Premiere doesn't and instead get's stuck trying to import it.

So even though I'm using it as the user with read/write permissions, if the 'eveyone' is 'no access', then I cannot import the file. It's not all file types weirdly, so that's my next hurdle.

Many thanks to all for their inpu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try saving the png to psd in Photoshop and then import into Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give that a go. I did try a tiff and that also failed. JPEGs no issue. Good suggestion though. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just imported a 1600x1200 RGBA .png file into an old utility project and it went fine.

2022-03-23_12-43-21.png

 Maybe it's an Apple Silicon issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My older iMac 27" works fine with the same images. Just the new system, all a clean install. So maybe M1 related. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I found the issue.

I am getting instances where certain files written to the server (Synology NAS) by photoshop are not being given correct permissions. Photoshop flags this when trying to open the file later, Premiere doesn't and instead get's stuck trying to import it.

So even though I'm using it as the user with read/write permissions, if the 'eveyone' is 'no access', then I cannot import the file. It's not all file types weirdly, so that's my next hurdle.

Many thanks to all for their input.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines