• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poor playback of 1080 material. Project won't open.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As adobe chase the business of people making quick tik tok videos and youtube stuff it's clear with each update that they couldn't care less about experienced editors working on a professional level. Stability decreases with each update, and simple functions cease to work.

Am working on a clean, brand new M1 Mac Studio with 64gb of RAM and PP is struggling to playback 1080 material. Now it wont even open the project. Thanks for nothing Adobe.

Moderator note: The title was changed to reflect the issue.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are what ... maybe over a million users or something like that of Premiere?

Most are working quite well ... but some are simply NOT. Like you. The variability between performance between users with similar setups right now is very frustrating. I know of folks on M1's who get fantastic performance. You are not.

Why? No freaking clue.

I've got a 24 core Ryzen w 128GB of RAM, 2080Ti with Nvme drives for OS and all cache files. Media and projects on other large internal SSD drives. Premiere 22.5 is giving me the best playback I've had. As it is on my 4-year old Acer laptop.

But another user with a build so close I think it's gotta be another Puget build, only difference is he's got "only" 64 GB of RAM, is getting totally crap performance with BRAW.

My main cam is a BMPCC4K, and I shoot mostly BRAW ... using the Autokroma plugin ... and it's wondrous on my system. Lousy on his.

What the ... ?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That kind of crud is so maddening! Totally understood.

Post about each item on their Premiere Pro UserVoice system, as that's the input portal for the engineers. This forum is simply user-to-user help with oversight from some Product Support staffers. And I do mean in detail ... system/OS, media, and effects, and the trouble specifically.

And any post there also goes in collated form to their all-important (and much higher-up) Marketing & Experience folks, who make the overall decisions.

I'd also note that the engineers in my experience tend to be Mac people, and they ALL edit personally a lot. And ... love their new Macs. So the engineers are personally using a lot of M1 Macs for their own projects.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an INPUT portal ... to get crucial information from the rather massive number of users piped into the engineers. So why anyone expects to get a reply on everything is beyond me. (Though it would seem more "homey" of course ... )

I've put in quite a number of bug & feature requests. As noted, the engineers log every post into their system manually. The devs that do it most of the time actually know my Adobe ID cold, and they don't typically respond to mine. Although when I see them at NAB or MAX, they'll mention some of my posts and what's been going on with those.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi MattS,

Did the 22.6.2 update fix your issue? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines