• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poor playback performance with Sony footage and Premiere Pro 22.1.1

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can i rollback this update? because it lag as hell, render 1 frame on timeline for 20sec, instead of realtime playback as before update... Firstly you broke photoshop with luts, and now premiere pro, already switched this autuupdate option to off, but how to rollback to working versions?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello vladislavg20416418,

Sorry for the trouble. Have you tried deleting media cache with all projects closed? Are you viewing at "Full" or "High Quality" or at 1/2 res? If you are at 1/2, try Full.

You can always reinstall the previous version from the Creative Cloud desktop app and work with that. Do you need help rolling back the project, as well? If so, you can use an export for FCP XML. Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Kevin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not matter full or 1/8 it won't playback footage at all, sony a7s3. It is just broken. I don't understand how this is possible to make such bad updates, do they even test them before release them. I hate that autoupdate, i can't remember any update which solves previous bugs without ruining  some basic features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry about this. This worked before? Did you delete media cache yet?

There's something amiss with your workflow as most people have this version working OK. How about the media - what is the format? Is it 10-bit 4:2:2? Certain computers with certain GPUs cannot playback that footage natively very well. What's your system like? More info would help determine what's going on.

I'll move your post to the main forum to get it additional attention.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was working fine before update, nothing changed, so issue is in the update, i downgraded to previous version, and dissable autoupdate. Don't want to be beta tester without warning)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. This first happened in v22 and I found a strange solution like installing 15.4.2. No playback issues in v22 when both versions are installed (v22 and 15.4.2). But in the latest update our dear adobe developers also broke this solution. So I downgraded it back to v22&15.4.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having similar problems with XAVC S-I 4K footage from the Sony FX3. It's absolutely not a system bottleneck problem (see specs of system below if you're inclined to wonder). XAVC-I footage from the FX6 in the same timeline plays buttery smooth, as it should. For that matter, ALL other footage from any camera I throw at the system plays back fine. It's definitely a problem with Premiere Pro, since the exact same footage from the same drives plays perfectly in Resolve or standalone in VLC player.

Basically - it goes like this: the footage doesn't even play a frame but once every few seconds. I have checked prefs and project settings for acceleration. I have manually cleaned all media files with Premiere Pro closed. Cache is dedicated to an nvme m.2 internal drive (1 Tb Samsung 970 Pro).

System specs: Ryzen 3950x, Win 10 64-Bit, 64 GB RAM, 10/Gbit footage drives are QNAP RAID5, Nvidia RTX 3080Ti GPU. Basically, this is a top-end workstation that has no other problems handling anything I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hedegog,

Which Sony camera and what kind of footage? Can you tell us about your system too please? I hope we can help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact thing with me, this only just started happening. I have done every single thing under the sun, everything above, and everything online. 

I uninstalled the lateest version and reinstalled 15 and it works fine. It is 100% the update. I have Sony Fx3. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same probably, and it is definitely specific to Sony footage. I'm currently working on a project with both Black Magic RAW footage and Sony 4K footage (I don't know which specific camera). The BM footage is no problem - ironically - while I can't scroll through the Sony footage, and it won't play smoothly at any resolution. This is a major problem for me right now. There's no way I can edit this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Sony type media ... S-log-3.cine, what? And what hardware?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The S-Log question is not relevant. The nature of the file container and codec are not different in the slightest, no matter what color profile you are using. This problem occurs in Premiere Pro due to what I've come to believe is just poor coding. The same machines I use running any version of Resolve have no problem with the same files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish everyone here talking about problems answer the helper's question, so they can answer you guys?

Having the same problem. Have Macbook i9 16GB memory hardward. I sure my hardware is not an issue. Got the same problem with Sony FX3 raw footage, sorry now familiar if which S-Log they're using (out videographer out source).

The playback in sequence is very poor. affecting how we work with video. it's now realtime. Hope you can answer this even if the update is consistently. Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had issues with sony playback from as7ii and any other type of sony. I am on PC 1060 gpu with amd processor Ryzen 7. It is always sony footage and has been happening for years. I reencode all the footage now cause its original files break my edits. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Much Sony is long-GOP encoded, and often spanned files also. Long-GOP playback is heavily dependent on the specific CPU and assorted other bits in your hardware.

The "Quicksync" or NVENC or whatever it is that decodes H264/5 media is crucial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines