• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poor sound quality in timeline and export; fine in Source?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all.

Newbie to Pr but experienced pro in digital audio. I'm stumped and know I'm just missing something somewhere.

I've made a music video for one of my songs. The graphics are all done (in AE), imported to Pr and eveything looks great. I import the final mix of the audio and it sounds very low quality when played from the timeline and in the final output, regardless of format (I've tried several presets and custom settings as well). I played around and noticed that the audio sounds fine when played from the Source window inside Premier.

The Pr session is comrised of 18 video tracks (not all playing at once, of course) and one stereo audio track.

I've tried re-exporting the audio from Logic at different bit depths, sample rates and file formats (mp3, wav, AAC, etc) but the results are the same every time: Source (Pr)sounds fine, Logic output sounds fine, rendered / timeline playback sounds like very low quality mp3 and final product sounds just as bad.

I've tried everything I can think of. I hope one of you can show me what I'm missing.

TIA!

Mark

Premier Pro CC

Processor  2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Memory  8 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM

Graphics  ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256 MB

Software  OS X 10.9.1 (13B42)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Thank you for the reply!

I was experiencing the same results no matter what export settings I used. Plus the poor sound quality was present in the timeline itself, without even exporting the project.

I finally threw my hands up, started a completely new project, drug the same audio file in... sounded fine. Copied / Pasted the video clips from the original, broken project and boom, eveything is fixed. Yeah, corrupted Pr file it turns out. All I had to do was start a new project and import all the

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

I think i found better solution for that. I had the same problem and after 3h of traying to do sth i found that my audio sequence settings (right click on sequence > audio is second segment) don't much to audio settings. I change Sample Rate in sequence settings to much witch my audio track and it helps. Greetings from Poland!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too had the issue but its just simple. just change the sample rate.
step by step
click on sequence in top side
choose sequence settings
in there when you look at the audio side you can see sample rate
click that and max it to the highest hz   🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally fixed my issue with tinny sound in the sequence timeline by balancing the audio manually.. the channels were mixed evenly in the source media player but once dropped into the timeline they glitched all the way to the -100 Left speaker in the mix? I had to move the toggle on each channel one at a time from L to R until they were balanced in the middle at 0! Such a weird glitch! That finally fixed the tinny muffled sound for me! Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines