• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Popping/beeping audio glitches in Premiere CC 2017

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the most recent version of Premiere, I've noticed this popping/beeping sound when I play through my timeline. Here is a link to an mp3 that I recorded through my headphones: https://adobe.ly/2wY5pgO

The problem only seems to happen when I have a music layer in addition to a VO layer, and the pops/beeps occur at the beginning or end of each VO clip (and to be clear, these glitches do NOT exist in the VO clips). It's not always the same sound at the same place. Sometimes I will hear a glitch when I play through the timeline, but then it won't be in the export. Or worse, I won't hear a glitch, and there will be one in the exported file.

This is an incredibly annoying problem. I've searched these boards but haven't found anything describing anything quite like this. Does anyone know what it is?

---

Some additional info:

Software version

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017.1.2

Sequence settings

48000 Hz

Vocal enhancer (Male) on the VO track

Music files

AIFF (also converted to WAV, same results)

48000 Hz

16-bit Stereo

Video files

4800 Hz

Stereo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try exporting out the VO to a new file with effects baked in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jim. That's what I've had to resort to, though I'm hoping to get to the bottom of the issue. The popping is distracting and makes it difficult to edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi QuickHitRecord,

Have you tried cleaning the media cache? FAQ: How to clean media cache files?

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon​, QuickHitRecord​​, doesn't "exporting the VO track to a new file with the effects baked in" create the same glitches in the exported audio file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similar problems with a very brief, extreme distortion at the beginning of voice dialog clips when there is a gap before the clip on the audio track. I'm running Vocal Enhancer on the track. This problem began after adding an intermittent music track. Turning off Vocal Enhancer stops the problem. So also does inserting clips of silence throughout, so there are no empty spaces in the dialog track. The buzzing effect also seems not to happen when I'm running the Vocal Enhancer on a master sequence (after correcting with silence clips to eliminate the gaps), even though there are gaps between clips within sub-sequences.

However, when rendering the full sequence, I've been getting sudden audio dropout at the beginning of a (random) clip within the sub-sequence, with silence for the rest of the rendering. (Last one, for a 90-minute video, started at the 50-minute mark.)

Currently I'm going through to make sure there are no gaps in the main audio track in the entire project including sub-sequences, and rendering again. If this doesn't work I'll be forced to render without Vocal Enhancer to make project deadline, which is a bummer because the original recordings suck.

Using Premiere Pro CC 2017 latest update on Windows 10.

Suggestions??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Vocal Enhancer on the track.

Try running that on the clip, rather then the track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon​, this seems a good idea in principle. But audio effects cannot be applied to master clips in the project panel, which leaves me to apply them to over a hundred sub-clips in the nested sequences. I don't want to have to track which clips have the effect, and which I might have overlooked. And what if I want to change the settings - I'd have to tediously change them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a pain, but...it would probably work.

You can also try doing this kind of thing in Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also had this problem in several projects recently, which has been extremely frustrating.  CC 2017.1.2.  Clearing the media cache does nothing.  I was happy to see this post; presently I am getting a loud BUZZ noise whenever an audio clips begins in a different track than the last one.  In my last project, the audio would not buzz, but would drop out for about a second when the track changed.  The problem remains on export so it can't be "baked out."

For my current project, I believe the problem can be isolated to the "vocal enhancer" effect.  I applied this effect to three tracks in the timeline, but when disabled, the buzzing is not present.  That'll have to do for now, but my audio quality is suffering as a result.

I swear, the amount of time I spend chasing workarounds on bugs meets the time I spend on my projects.  Who has the time for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JoshCHausman​ - I've just successfully exported my project with Vocal Enhancer active after filling in all the gaps in the audio tracks affected by Vocal Enhancer. Either moving the audio portions of clips to shared tracks or filling in gaps with audio silence, and making sure there are no gaps before any clips on a track using Vocal Enhancer has solved the problem for me.

An additional factor may have been that I also changed the export audio settings to match the original audio in the video recordings I'm editing. These are Zoom videoconference recordings with a low 32kHz setting. (The music clips I'm adding are 44.1kHz.) Backing down the AAC setting to 32kHz may also have played a role in the success this time around. I'll have to reset to 48kHz and export again to test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. this fixes it. But a real pain. THe problem is vocal enhancer when there an audio gap before the audio. It gives a loud BUZZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. STILL! I'm using Izotope plugins and also Beatrig Sidekick ducker in the audio track monitor and it is killing me. Perfect playback from the timeline, but export it out and there's discontinuity pops, white noise blips at 0db (effin' loud) and all sorts. Have wasted literally days over the last year or so trying to sort this out. WT actual F Adobe??? Why you no fix this?? Cleaning the media caches/database etc have no effect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TO THE TOP

This issue is still happening in Premiere Pro CC 2018 - brand new installation, brand new fresh OS, no plugins or anything like that super fresh system.

This has been happening for the last two versions....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

I found that if I apply the Vocal Optimizer through the "Audio" tab via the "Audio Track Mixer" it always happens.

I now just apply it to each audio clip individually and the pops do not happen.

Adobe needs to fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premiere Pro CC 2018 and this issue is still happening. The problem is using the vocal enhancer on the audio track and the fix is to fill in the gaps on the track with silent audio clips. Please can Adobe fix this issue! People must be wasting so much time trying to workout how to solve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Premiere Pro 2019 and it's still an issue. It's happening for me when using DeReverb on the Audio Track Mixer. I get severe hisses during playback, which are worse in the export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a horrible bug, but I think I might have a workaround (it's annoying, but it's working for me so far).  Remove all effects from your audio (copy a clip and paste it somewhere first, if you want to have the FX standing by to apply later).  Edit your audio track with no FX and whatever dissolves you need.  Nest the entire audio track, and apply the FX.  Working for me so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every horrible bug like this one deserves its own kluge:  put an exponential fade at the start of each audio clip with this problem to save yourself from having to remove and then reapply and/or compromise the audio effects, etc.  This only works if you have enough silence at the beginning of a V/O, etc. I have only run into a few weird situations where this fails. If you need to get something out this simple work-around may help.

My Two Cents:  It's not acceptable for a product as expensive and established as Premiere CC to allow serious bugs like this to last for years.  I can well imagine that Adobe product managers ask "how much more money will we make if we fix ancient problem 'X'?" as opposed to "which new features will drive subscription growth?" I realize that publicly-held companies like Adobe must strike a balance here. Unfortunately, users like myself and others get deep into a project using CC only to find that Adobe is actually more committed to increasing sales than to helping professionals like us.  This whole series of posts is ample evidence of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sick with this!  No work around has worked so far with 3 hours of my day sucked up in this damn bug!! NOT HAPPY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the last post in this thread before yours is over a year ago.  So, 

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card

And what are your source properties and sequence settings?  by any chance are any of your sources screen recordings or recorded on a smart phone?  if so the issues is probably that some or all of your sources are variable frame rate which premiere has problems with.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here we are almost 2021 and the problem still exists. Looks like you can't use track assigned audio FX without this glitch. Shame on Adobe for another glitch they just can't see to fix or on't care to fix. This is why I recomend to clients they use Avid. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines