• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Position captions anywhere

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see this is well covered.  It is not possible to position captions anywhere.

Clearly it is idiot proofing captioning but seriously just add a button to allow unsafe positiong.

Get it together Adobe.  Like 5 years ago!

[reference to profanity removed by moderator]

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mike1999,

Are you trying to move the captions segment on the same caption track, or are you trying to move it to a different track?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to position a caption, subtitle track, ouside of the prescribed safe area.  

I've worked around this by nesting the subtitle track with an adjustment layer and then transforming that nested layer in the sequence.  

Just allow the captions to be positioned anywhere.  Add a box to tick to allow unsafe positioning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hundreds of people have upvoted this feature already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or even better allow a safe margin that a user can define.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> It is not possible to position captions anywhere.

True, but to be more precise, you can position them "everywhere except" the extreme positions. In the current caption workflow, this was improved from within 10 percent of the edge to 5 percent. But agreed; you cannot get them to the edge.

I assume you've see the workaround with nesting, "To Adjust Caption Track Position" here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-workaround-nesting-to-apply-effect-contr...

I think the better workaround is to convert the captions to regular graphics text, which can be manipulated with Effect Controls. Here's a post discussing:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/is-there-a-way-to-add-an-essential-graphic-t...

> button to allow unsafe positioning.

See this uservoice request that is similar:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/43880463-need-captions-in-v...

Another idea, I don't know if there is already such a request or not, is to provide for conversion of a caption track into a regular track with graphics text (and therefore subjec to effect controls panel).

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stan

I've used a workaround nesting the subtitle track and using transform.  I quite like the position zones and controls. Being able to quickly align in different but consitent positions it quite good. 

A better feature would be to allow users to set their own safe area/margin/custom zones.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed, it would be nice if they simply allowed us to set our own 'safe' zones. Which is where those all-important UserVoice requests come in!

I've dealt with the people making decisions on these things, including the M&E people who in "power" are actually above the develpment teams and make many of the decisions on these apps.

Those votes MATTER! So ... everyone, please go upvote those!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines