• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Position Key Framing

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the free hand/self position feature where I can directly move the position of the video on the main monitor, even when I set a key frame before I want the movement to begin, the movement doesn't begin for a few seconds after where it should.  I've tried typing the number values of the poistion as well and still nothing.  Regardless of where I want the movement to happen, it doesn't start anywhere near where it should.  Done this many times and never had this issue.  The pictures attached are before the position move, after the moving the position (you can see a new keyframe before my first one, where the video is paused is where the movement should be but there is nothing there), and the last picture is a few frames after where the position moves back into its original position.  Why is it not moving where I want it nor staying where I want it??

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

To directly answer your question - " Why is it not moving where I want it nor staying where I want it??" - that is because of the time remapping keyframes you have added. Always does wonky things in regards to keyframing.

I think your best solution will be to set your time remapping on the clip, then export a ProRes/Cineform of that with no other effects on it. Then bring that back into the project and apply your motion keyframes.

The other way you could do it is cut your motion keyframes from the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work,try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean install of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Also, please help us help you:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-what-information-should-i-provide-when-asking-a-ques...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried all the recommendations and still nothing.  I've been working on this project for a few days and had no problems with this before but today is when the issue began.  Would this have anything to do with the spatial or temporal interpolation of the key frames?  Also, when changing the scale or position without key frames, the position and scale values change correctly, but no changes are made on the monitor unless I render the footage even at 1/4 quality. 

Using Premiere Pro 15.2

Macbook Pro

MacOS Big Sur v11.4 (latest)

2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Source footage is MP4

No error messages

Using Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (Metal) 

No other application open, no third party software or effects being used

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open a brand new project, import JUST this one MP4 file and attempt to keyframe it the same way, does it experience the same anomaly? Also can you give more detailed specs of this MP4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To directly answer your question - " Why is it not moving where I want it nor staying where I want it??" - that is because of the time remapping keyframes you have added. Always does wonky things in regards to keyframing.

I think your best solution will be to set your time remapping on the clip, then export a ProRes/Cineform of that with no other effects on it. Then bring that back into the project and apply your motion keyframes.

The other way you could do it is cut your motion keyframes from the clip, nest it, then apply your motion keyframes to the nested sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hutch Harris has it right. 

I missed that you had Time Remapping on the clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I nested the clip and got it working right, thank you everyone for the help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines