• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible bug with Quicktime proxies & Getty Stock footage

Contributor ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having issues with Quicktime proxies suddenly slowing down my project - choppy playback, slow response, media not linking immediately etc.

In case anyone else is having this issue I seem to have narrowed the problem down to certain Getty Stock clips. Anything with a frame size 640x360 & 23.98 framerate immediately brings the system to a crawl BUT making H264 proxies instead of Quicktime returns everything back to normal!? Also, it only happens with 23.98fps footage, 25fps behaves just fine.

Tried this in a fresh project, same thing. Is this a bug?

Macbook Pro M1Pro 32GB

Monterey 12.4

Pr 22.5.0

TOPICS
Error or problem , Formats , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Hey DJP2014,

Sorry about the poor experience, and thank you for letting us know. You're right, we're aware of a similar issue related to poor playback of Prores proxies, and the Premiere Pro team is working on fixing it. For the time being, please use the h.264 proxies.

Thanks,

Ishan 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey DJP2014,

Sorry about the poor experience, and thank you for letting us know. You're right, we're aware of a similar issue related to poor playback of Prores proxies, and the Premiere Pro team is working on fixing it. For the time being, please use the h.264 proxies.

Thanks,

Ishan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do, thanks for letting me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any updates? I'm experiencing the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines