• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible circle wipe error in Prremiere

Enthusiast ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to report a glitch that seems to be in Premiere. It involves the circle wipe. I made a sub sequence where it has a simple background and then the little circles of the kids' faces pop on. This effect has nothing to do with the circle wipe yet and this sub sequence works perfectly.

glitch1.jpg

Then, I dropped this sub sequence onto my master sequence. The Easter sequence fades to black and then the circle wipe wipes up from black to reveal the sub sequence. The circle wipe has been added onto the birthday sub sequence. The problem is the circle wipe works perfectly but the little photo pop ups stutter stop and start and no longer work at all.

glitch2.jpg

Even when I hit the timeline one frame at a time the error continues. The real kicker - which convinces me this has to be a glitch in Premiere - is I tried exporting the entire sequence thinking that maybe it's a timeline error. Even the export did not work - the little face pictures, start to come on, then stop, freeze and so on. So I then went to the effects controls panel and turned off the circle wipe by hitting the FX icon. Then the two little pop ons of the faces work perfectly [like they should when ther sub sequence plays back alone].

Does anyone know about this error and how it can be fixed? Thanks.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

OK I figured this out. I went back to the original sub sequence with the photo pop ons and just added the circle wipe there. It works perfectly, so then I dropped that sub seq onto the master seq and it all works now.

I guess the "moral" to the story for future users of Premiere is to do this way instead of the way I described above. Hope this helps others.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a hitch caused by mixed processing orders. Which is common and easily solved.

After you bring the other sequence into the main one, right-click the subsequence and select "nest". Now apply the Circle wipe.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thank you for replying. I did exactly that. I deleted circle wipe, nested the birthday sub sequence, re-applied the circle wipe and it still does it. I exported about 5 seconds before the glitch and the playback shows the glitch as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK I figured this out. I went back to the original sub sequence with the photo pop ons and just added the circle wipe there. It works perfectly, so then I dropped that sub seq onto the master seq and it all works now.

I guess the "moral" to the story for future users of Premiere is to do this way instead of the way I described above. Hope this helps others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines