• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP 2022 using clips with different resolutions question

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a newbie to PP2022 but have watched many tutorials and heavily searched. I cannot seem to solve one problem. My first clip I trim and bring into the timeline and it is 720p and I intend to export my full video at this resolution. No problem. My second clip is 1080p and I am happy about this becuase what I want to do is use the scaling effects so that I can essentially move the new higher resolution video around in the smaller space essentially "cropping" out some of the video that does not fit and becasue this second clip is higher resolution, I will not lose quality by "cropping" within the smaller size area. When I try to do this, PP2022 lets me bring the second higher resolution clip up into the source panel, but it will not allow me to use the effects. Also I cannot drag the higher resolution clip from the project panel directly to the time line.

After intense search and tutorial watching I cannot seem to figure out why I cannot proceed. Can you help orient me? Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Editing , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not able to drag clip to timeline: most likely track not source patched.

Adobe Premiere Pro Help | Source patching and track targeting

Effects are use on the timeline not in the Source Monitor.

These are basic editing skills, might want to start here

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much Ann. I watched the material on source patching. I really didn;t understand any of the terms used but did see that there is a blue button that was not activated next to the video track. That did solve the problem of being able to drag the second larger resolution clip onto the time line. Thanks for that.

As for using effects in the source panel, all the tutorials I have viewed so far have me do scaling in the source panel and I was able to do that with this track. I am not sure why you say they can only be done in the time line panel. Can you explain? Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines