• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP 22.3.0 crashing frequently especially when opening sequences

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't upgraded to 22.3.0 yet maybe hold off.

I am finding that 22.3.0 is crashing every time I open a sequence UNLESS I first open the sequence in Source Monitor before double-clicking to open in a timeline.

I am on a 2020 fully maxxed out iMac intel processor 16GB Radeon GPU 128GB Ram

This problem did not happen in the 22.2.1 version I upgraded from.

There are other crashes happening as well but this Sequence opening crash is the main problem.  It also crashes if I double-click a clip that is itself a sequence and I have not yet opened that sequence in Source Monitor first.

As long as I open all my sequences in Source Monitor first before opening them any other way its fine.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW Its a very abrupt crash.  The application just closes with no opportunity to save and it does not save itself either so I am constantly losing work even though I set my auto-save frequency to only 1 minute 😞  

Trying to remember to manually save before every step is difficult!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also finding now that I cannot drag clips onto a timeline wihtout it crashing even if I open the clips in Source Monitor first.  So yes this is bad considering rolling back now 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

22.3.1 is having the same crashes PLUS the UNDO Queue frequently does not work.  I'll do things and they will not be recorded in the History steps so pressing Undo causes very weird problems or undoes an action many many steps ago.  Thats terrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines