• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP 22.4 Media Export re-name media file issue

Participant ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new PP 22.4 export workflow is fine but I have one request.

To rename a file when exporting, I'd like to be able to click on an old version of the export file and modify the file name.

The older version of PP allowed for this. 

With the new version, you have to fully retype the name of the file or copy and paste it from your finder window.

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 11.45.18 AM.png

TOPICS
Export , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an known 'issue'.

Workaround: use the Quick Export or send your timeline to AME and use the old fashioned Export Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply and your workaround. That's the way to do it for now.

Actually, I probably "pulled the trigger" on this post a little too soon.

I went to the PP request page and there are a number of other similar requests. I voted on all of them.

It looks like they are, in fact, working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the PP requests you'll find about 40 threads up to now with dozens of contributors and hundreds of voters asking Adobe to get rid of the new import/export/header bar "features" not only because of the obvious technical flaws. Unfortunately it seems they do not want to revert this nightmare of an GUI, their answers are partly very condescending ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, understand ... I'd rather have the old UI for the project start and export page. Like you.

But also, remember, here is where you see those who are complaining about something. It's very rare that someone comes on here to praise something.

So remember that ... and while this is the home for complaining, it isn't necessarily a complete sample of the whole user base.

You and I would both prefer the old system ... yep, no questions there!

But both for the new project-start/"Import page" and this export page thing ... they've also got a ton of users working with them who are quite happy. And aren't going anywhere to complain.

So much as, like you, I'd rather not have the new UI changes, it's not that they're "ignoring" the total user base. It's that thee & me ain't nearly as many as we might like to be. Sadly.

Like ... many of my complaints about the color capabilities/limitations of Lumetri and/or control surfaces, are things that are well past what most users would even know about. So I'll get staffers telling me that hey, they understand my feelings well ... but they're simply not something shared by enough users to put the time into those changes.

Which bums my load daily. But then, I'm just one idiosyncratic user, out of several hundred thousand.

That said ... I want EVERYONE to go to their UserVoice page and upvote the requests for changes to the new UI.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At NAB, this was called "an unfortunate oversight" by a staffer. Not intended. Fine.

But this lame behavior needs to go away. They've put out two patches since this was discovered, without getting to this one. So yes, upvote all the complaints about it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines