I have a a few projects I'm working on that are only graphic based, no live footage. These are a series of images on alpha as well as motion graphics exported from AE on Alpha. In PP they play correctly but on export they glitch all the time, especially when stacked graphics, and seems worse when exported from AME than within PP. I'm exporting as: match source - high birate, 1920x1080, 29.97, hardware encoding, VBR 1 pass
I've had some success with nesting an individual file within PP and then exporting the clip within PP, using AME creates glitches. And then bringing the new clip in to replace the nested file. Unfortunately this is a 10-15m video with TONS of alpha channels on multiple .mov files. So this is crazy time consuming.
I've taken 2 days to try to rectify this isue on two different videos. Including trying to interpret the footage with premultipled alpha, which didn't change anything. I've tried in both PP 15.4.1 (what this was originally edited in) and PP 22.0. Example of what I'm talking about is attached. I've also tried exporting using hardware or software render.
Nothing is helping... any ideas of what else to do here? Is it the M1 or is this an PP issue?
OS Big Sur
Yeah, that's defeinately unexpected.
Are the still images PNG files with alpha and are the movies Apple ProRes 4444 with alpha?
What are your Sequence Video Previews set to in Premiere Pro?
Which version of macOS are you running? Try to be on Big Sur 11.4 or higher. If you're running Monterey, update to 12.1.
As a troubleshooting step, try exporting the Premiere Pro Sequence to QuickTime Format using the Apple ProRes 422 LT Preset or Apple ProRes 422 HQ Preset. Assumig that exports as expected, then use AME to transocde the ProRes export to H264.
Yuu could also try setting Premiere Pro to run using Rosetta (this is a checkbox in the Get Info window for Premiere Pro).
Hey Warren -
The stills are PNG files with alpha and the graphics were exported from AE as apple proress 4444 with alpha
Sequence settings are: ARRI Cinema 1920x1080
Running Big Sur 11.6.1
Exported using ProRes and the same thing happens with the glitching
I didn't see an option to run using Rosetta though, so I wasn't able to try that.
Similarly I had a coworker that also has an M1 try this and he didn't have any glitches us PP21. I also cleared my cache.
You should be able to get a gyltch-free export as expected.
Try changing ARRI Cinema 1920x1080 to Custom, QuickTime, Apple ProRes 422 HQ.
Here's a screen shot of where you'll find Open using Rosetta in the Get Info dialog box for Premeire Pro:
That's the Get Info window for the Premiere Pro folder.
Locate the applications and open Get Info for that.
I tried importing some PNG files into a Premiere Pro timeline and animated them coming into the frame similar to how your animation works and it appeared as expected in the Sequence and when exported. This is on an M1 Mac mini running Premiere Pro 2021 and 2022 under macOS Big Sur 11.6.
Try taking a closer look at your source footage. I'd even go as far as swapping out the PNG files for another still image format that supports transparency like TIFF or Targa.
I'm not sure if this will help or not, but you could also try rendering the Sequence by choosing Sequence > Render In to Out. This assumes that you have a yellow line along the Time Ruler above your source footage in the Sequence. When that finishes, you'll have a green line and can jump out to the Finder to check the render movies in the .PRV folder for this project. If that looks correct, you an actaully turn that into an MP4. If that does not look correct, I'd go back to swapping out the source footage for either newly saved PNGs or saved as a different format.