• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP Alpha Channel glitch on Export

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a a few projects I'm working on that are only graphic based, no live footage. These are a series of images on alpha as well as motion graphics exported from AE on Alpha. In PP they play correctly but on export they glitch all the time, especially when stacked graphics, and seems worse when exported from AME than within PP. I'm exporting as: match source - high birate, 1920x1080, 29.97, hardware encoding, VBR 1 pass

I've had some success with nesting an individual file within PP and then exporting the clip within PP, using AME creates glitches. And then bringing the new clip in to replace the nested file. Unfortunately this is a 10-15m video with TONS of alpha channels on multiple .mov files. So this is crazy time consuming.

I've taken 2 days to try to rectify this isue on two different videos. Including trying to interpret the footage with premultipled alpha, which didn't change anything. I've tried in both PP 15.4.1 (what this was originally edited in) and PP 22.0. Example of what I'm talking about is attached. I've also tried exporting using hardware or software render.

Nothing is helping... any ideas of what else to do here? Is it the M1 or is this an PP issue?

Specs: 

M1 2020

Memory 16GB

OS Big Sur

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that's defeinately unexpected.

Are the still images PNG files with alpha and are the movies Apple ProRes 4444 with alpha?

What are your Sequence Video Previews set to in Premiere Pro?

Which version of macOS are you running?  Try to be on Big Sur 11.4 or higher.  If you're running Monterey, update to 12.1.

As a troubleshooting step, try exporting the Premiere Pro Sequence to QuickTime Format using the Apple ProRes 422 LT Preset or Apple ProRes 422 HQ Preset.  Assumig that exports as expected, then use AME to transocde the ProRes export to H264.

Yuu could also try setting Premiere Pro to run using Rosetta (this is a checkbox in the Get Info window for Premiere Pro).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Warren -

The stills are PNG files with alpha and the graphics were exported from AE as apple proress 4444 with alpha

Sequence settings are: ARRI Cinema 1920x1080

Running Big Sur 11.6.1

Exported using ProRes and the same thing happens with the glitching

I didn't see an option to run using Rosetta though, so I wasn't able to try that. 

Similarly I had a coworker that also has an M1 try this and he didn't have any glitches us PP21. I also cleared my cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to get a gyltch-free export as expected.  

Try changing ARRI Cinema 1920x1080 to Custom, QuickTime, Apple ProRes 422 HQ.

Premiere Pro Custom Sequence Settings - QuickTime, Apple ProRes 422 HQPremiere Pro Custom Sequence Settings - QuickTime, Apple ProRes 422 HQ

Here's a screen shot of where you'll find Open using Rosetta in the Get Info dialog box for Premeire Pro:

Premiere Pro Get Info with Open using Rosetta enabled.Premiere Pro Get Info with Open using Rosetta enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried those setting, same issue. And still no option for rosetta that comes up on my get info. See below for both.

Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 10.37.23 AM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the Get Info window for the Premiere Pro folder. 

Locate the applications and open Get Info for that.

I tried importing some PNG files into a Premiere Pro timeline and animated them coming into the frame similar to how your animation works and it appeared as expected in the Sequence and when exported.  This is on an M1 Mac mini running Premiere Pro 2021 and 2022 under macOS Big Sur 11.6.

Try taking a closer look at your source footage.  I'd even go as far as swapping out the PNG files for another still image format that supports transparency like TIFF or Targa.

I'm not sure if this will help or not, but you could also try rendering the Sequence by choosing Sequence > Render In to Out.  This assumes that you have a yellow line along the Time Ruler above your source footage in the Sequence.  When that finishes, you'll have a green line and can jump out to the Finder to check the render movies in the .PRV folder for this project.  If that looks correct, you an actaully turn that into an MP4.  If that does not look correct, I'd go back to swapping out the source footage for either newly saved PNGs or saved as a different format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Karen_OP 

Did you find the Premiere Pro application and the Open Using Rosetta setting in the corresponding Get Info window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been able to find that option - the screenshot I had was from the application, not the project. Regardless I had to export each piece individually from a nested comp and reimport into the project's main timeline and overwrite the original footage. That's the only thing that worked. I tried interpretting the footage with alpha and unfortunately I didn't have access to change the image into a different format as the files were given to me from an illustrator. 

But what I've learned is that it's something within PP and stacking of alpha channels. By themselves in a timeline they have no problem exporting correctly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Karen_OP 

The screen shot you shared is the application folder.  It is not the application.

I tried re-creating your issue and could not.  Of course, I was using files that I made in Photoshop from scratch, saved as PNGs with transparency, then imported and stacked in Premiere Pro (using Rosetta and using native Apple Silicon).

I'm pretty sure that resaving the source footage is what would have resolved your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines