• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP loads project but as soon as timeline is touched, No Response happens.

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, This is very very frustrating for the only software that requires payment. 

I'm working on a project, I notice some lag during editing. So I check if there is an update. 

There is, so I update PP. Now when I open the project, As soon as I click on my timeline I get the program isnt responding message.... Great. I've tried holding Alt when launching, All this has done is reset everything back to default making it even more annoying to navigate PP. The non response issue still remains..

This seems to happen way to much, Sometimes it can be overcome by updateing (hence why I did that first) but then in a few weeks, it happens again. *@#!&%** come on Adobe wtf is this? 

help would be appriciated. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is it you mean by "the only software that requires payment"? I'm pretty sure most everyone does.

You can hold down shift when you start PP to delete the preference in the same way you deleted the plugins cache.

If you want to try reinstalling be sure to run the Adobe Cleaner after you uninstall the programs and before you re-install them:
Also, reboot your computer between steps even if you are not asked to...

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I mean by that comment, is that Adobe PP cost money each month as we all know. There are other programs out there that are free. Some of the issues with PP you would only expect from a free product, not something we continually pay for, Its not good enough.

I've worked around the issue by deleting my entire project to start fresh but looking at the bigger picture, these work arounds for problems like this should not be required. This wouldnt be the first time I have encountered issues similar to this with PP.  Reddit for example is full of people having issues such as this, all the time. 

I appriciate your help but as I stated above the product should be better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I mean yea. Other programs are stupidly designed but work properly (I've tried jumping ship twice. Might have to try again, current problem driving me to drink). Premiere is actually designed well but is so buggy and infuriating. The combo of which makes me believe we are actually in the bad place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines