• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PPCS6 Render freezes at 100% and never finishes

Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to render a 42 mins long sequence in PPCS6 and the render process goes fine until it reaches 100%. It gets stuchk at this point and it never finishes the render. I tried twice but it always gets stuck at this point.

The export settings are:

Codec: H.264

Format: MP4

I already rendered previous projects with these output settings and similar length. I don't understand what's going on.

Can you help me?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Try going through Adobe Media Encoder instead of a Direct Export.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A render is something different than an export, which it seems is what you're talking about here.

The final phase of such an export is the muxing.  Once the separate video and audio files are generated, they have to be combined, or muxed, into a single MP4 file.  How long have you waited for this process to finish?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

It's been frozen at 100 % for several hours (3 or 4)

Should I leave it working for the rest of the night? I don't know if I should cancel the muxing process. It'll take like 8 hours to export the whole thing again.

What do you think I should do?

Thanks for your quick reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Yeah. I meant exporting. Exporting the final project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the things mentioned in this post: http://premierepro.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:Why_does_exporting_stop_before_completion%3F

Look especially for any gaps in your sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I tried what was advised on the post you linked. There were no black gaps on my project. I exported the whole project again, but no luck. Exactly the same thing happens. The export process never gets to mux the video and audio files. All I am left with in my output folder is the video and audio file separately and an extra mp4 file, which size is 0 bytes. I guess this last file should be the final exported file in case the muxing process had taken place successfully.

Anyway, I have no idea what the next step should be. All I want is to see this project come to life!!!

Any more ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to:

1. Remove Premiere Pro preferences file

2. Restore Premiere cache while Holding shift while opening the program.

Then I I exported the whole sequence for the third time. The same thing happened. The export process never gets to mux the video and audio files. All I am left with in my output folder is the video and audio file separately and an extra mp4 file, which size is 0 bytes.

I really need a solution for this. I don't mind to pay for it if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if this was my problem, which I'm glad it isn't, here is what I would do.

Duplicate the sequence and remove all the effects.

Try to export the first clip.  If that works, try to export the first two clips.

If that works, tries to export the first 4 clips.  Keep doubling up until you get to the end.

If all that works, do the same thing with all your effects.  This should pinpoint your problem.

If the first clip (without effects) doesn't work, try another clip or a clip of another format to try to isolate your problem.  If that doesn't work, you have a system problem.

Basically, you have to eliminate possibe problems.

Please let us know how you make out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going through Adobe Media Encoder instead of a Direct Export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now I am exporting the 42 min sequence in 5 chunks to see if I can pinpoint the exact file that's causing the problem. So far I exported 3 chuncks and they all came out fine. Let's see the last two.

But I will take a look at Media Encoder to see if the whole sequence can be exported through there. I guess I do that through Adobe Dynamic link, right? If not, How do I go about doing that exactly?

Thanks for your help, guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hit Queue instead of Export from the Settings dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 23, 2013 Mar 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Jim!!! The sequence exported perfectly through Adobe Media Encoder. I don't know why but it worked!!!

I owe you one. If you need anything, just let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm about $79,990 short for a used Ferrari I've had my eye on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got it!! When I get big on with my vids That't the first thing on my list!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we get an update on this? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

She didn't make it. Unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The muxing can take quite a while.  If you are on Window open the Windows Task Manger and then click on the Resource Monitor.

There you will be able to see the disk I/O.  It will show you what files are being read and what files are being written to.

You should be able to see your exported file being written to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I took a look at the Disk I/O and nothing related to the PPCS6 muxing process seems to show up there.

Attached is a screenshot of the  Disk I/O window and the PPCS6 export window with the process info.

PPro CS6 freeze.pngDisk IO.png

Also, I found a thread where they mention a similar problem in Adobe Media Encoder. At the end of the thread they mention a codec called handbreak, which they say is better than Main Concept and doesn't crash during export.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5133148

What do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This put relief to my brain, as now after time I can clearly tell that the files are merging.  I wonder why Media Encoder does not show that process, and end with instant results. I can see how this would fluster many brains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to keep this topic alive, I'm going to just say that I had this EXACT same issue with 2017 Premiere Pro CC.  Including how it stuck at 100% multiple times and produced 3 files in my export location.  One video, one audio, and one extra with 0 bytes.

I am trying to figure out how to work Media Encoder CC 2017 and will edit this post to let everyone know if that worked.

EDIT:  I rendered it in Adobe Media Encoder CC 2017 and I'm having the exact same problems.  Stops at 100%.  Any ideas would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help I have the exact same problem!! It won't work through media encoder or exporting through premier pro, it freezes up at 100% for both

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a followup, I do all of my exporting through Media Encoder, it's just that once it hits 100% you have to wait a REALLY long time.  I have a fairly beefy computer (i7 7700k (which in 2017 is top of the heap), 32gb RAM (also very high compared to most computers in 2017), and a PCI-e SSD (which less than 1% of people have as of this post - even though you future people reading this think these specs are so sad, they are very good for the time being)).

And even with this machine, a 2 hour film takes a good 20-30 mins AT 100% to finish render.  So just wait.  It will happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"future people" 

I wonder what they will look like.  

Wait, you wrote that in 2017.  It is now 2020.  This sounds like a bad B movie.  A deadly pandemic has swept the world and shut down entire countries. An orange man tries to lead them.  He is "future people". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2020 and I'm currently going through this as we speak. I've been so frustrated that I cancel at 100% 5-10min in. I'm only exporting a film a little over 1hr. And in the past (pp2017) it has worked smoothly smh. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines