Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PR 2019 - Workspaces reset everytime

Engaged ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

as most of you I updated to PR2019. So far, the only very annoying problem is the workspaces are resetting themselves to the initial default setup everytime I create a new project.

I've tried to create a new workspace with the 'save as...' function, but, it reset itself as well to the initial setup.

I already searched the forum and applied whatever suggestions I've found (delete dhe layout folder, use the cleaner tool, un-install/re-install the software), but nothing changed.

Any other with the same problem? Hopefully Adobe will work on this (in my opinion) bug.

This is my system:

01.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed. It's really annoying. It gets my 2-3 minutes to set everything up on each new project.

Reset to saved layout also does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here (Win 10 Pro, latest update). And if I load my saved one, it resets wrong. Some windows are right, some are not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi xaci_68,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Please confirm if you are using multiple monitors. If so, please test Premiere Pro with only the native monitor and check if you are still experiencing this issue with the workspace.

Regards,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet,

no, I’m on a single monitor: MBP 15” top of the line from last year.

apparently I’m not the only one judging the other post above and discussions opened.

Very annoying

thanks,

alessandro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, just installed the update with some bug-fix, but ... still the same problem.

Same reset even when I save my own workspace

Veeery annoying!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

xaci_68,

Sorry, my friend. Please contact us here for assistance with that: Contact Customer Care

Thanks!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty funny that Contact Customer Care simply leads right back to the forum.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar annoying as F&#* issue with the workspace interface. Sometimes it automatically goes to full screen and I literally cannot shrink it or drag it anywhere. I have not figured out a pattern to what causes it. I've tried undo and Esc.  I have to quit Photoshop and start over. I have CC 2019. I hope someone can help. Thank You, Screenshot 2018-11-25 13.25.29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated the SO to Mojave, still same problem and still veeery annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question:

Adobe, are you joking???

Just updated PP and still the issue has not been fixed???

So, are you joking or are you a joke?

My monthly payment for the full suite are good, I guess...

Please solve this very annoying thing!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue with Premiere CC 2019.

I'm not sure if Adobe ever tests their releases, new releases are always so buggy.

I'm on a win10 computer. Everything is up to date and my premiere seems to forget my saved layouts everytime I close the application.

If I "reset to saved layout", nothing happens. I've also noticed that I need to turn on "play audio while scrubbing" under

edit->preferences->audio...

So it seems that premiere doesn't read whatever file that stores the settings of the application.

I've had bigger issues with Premiere earlier, but this is still annoying.

Please listen to your customers(your only reason to exist as a company) and fix this as soon as possible!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly!

Adobe should be aware there is Final Cut Pro X on Mac or DaVinci Resolve which is even free!

We're still waiting for a fix here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I'm not sure if Adobe ever tests their releases"

The release is actually part of the testing procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah.

We're a lucky bunch who gets to pay for testing out software for Adobe.

They only had just under $10 billion of revenue last year, so it's great that we can help them out!

I pay them back with sarcasm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure would be nice for an update as to when this issue will be taken care of. Not sure of how to take Adobe's silence, or outright evasion of discussing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they are willing to discuss the issue it means they acknowledge that there is an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone on another forum claimed that there are "a lot of fixes" for this issue. Does anyone know of any?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, so far I’ using the easiest way possible: i’ve setup my workspace and save it as a project.

Then I open this project, use the ’save As...’ function and i’m Good to go, but definitely it’s Not supposed the be this way...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a work around, but in my case I change between the different layouts now and then (audio, color....).

And when i switch back to my saved workspace layout for editing it's all scrambled up.

I can't understand why a new bug takes such a long time and multiple updates to fix. I'm sure they have more than a few subscribers so they should be able to have an ample number of programmers to work on this issue.

Or is this issue just one out of a thousand other more pressing bugs so it's way down the list of priorities. Or maybe all the programmers have to help out to carry all the money we pay Adobe to the bank, laughing their faces off in the process. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, of course it is a workaround, but ... it works.

i change too in the different layout, but everything’s keeping the positions while switching from one to another within the opened project.

the problem is, as mentioned since the beginning, it reset if I create a new one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My main feature for the custom workspace is a double Project Window in my left hand monitor, allowing for two separate bins to be open at a time.

So, I gave your workaround a try this morning - creating a 'Workspace Template Project' as suggested. If I close that, then open another project that was created before your Workspace Template Project, the custom workspace has reverted back to a default workspace.

I can create the workspace template project as you suggest, save it's workspace, naming it - 'Dual Project Panels'. I can then close that project, and open another project from yesterday, and the workspace, which yesterday was exactly the same as the 'Dual Project Panels', yet the dual project panels are no more - thee is simply one project panel at it's default spot in the top left Panel Group in my right-hand monitor.

I can then close this project, and open your Workspace Template Project, and the same is true - the dual project panels are gone and the Project Panel is at it's default location.

This occurs no matter the setting of the Import Workspaces From Projects option.

Mind you, I've had this setup for years - the problem only began when I updated to 2019. I was always able to create and open projects with abandon, never having to recreate my custom workspaces at every opening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to 13.0.3 and, same, same!!!

Really no comments!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New release and still the same bug...!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines