• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PR CC slows computer down significantly on export

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the other Adobe applications do this. I have a brand new Mac Pro 7,1 with 32gb of ram, 8 core etc etc. For some reason, when I export anything on Premiere using any settings, my entire computer grinds to a halt. Even the dock lags and I can barely using any web browser.

If I export something in After Effects, 4K, 50fps, all the bells and whistles, there is not even a hint of slow down. My mac pro doesnt even break a sweat exporting it. In Audition too, any amount of tracks or any export file type, its perfect. Cinema4D as well, no issues rendering anything and my computer runs as if its got nothing rendering. However with Premiere, even a 720p 24fps video just murders it. What is going on and why is this suddenly happening? This was not happening a few months ago.

TOPICS
Export , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your issues with export.

Are you exporting straight from Premiere? Have you tried sending your sequence to Media Encoder?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, what version of Premiere are you running?

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently using PR 22.5.0 and yes ive tried both exporting using Premiere and Media Encoder, same issue in both places.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that. Have you tried maybe downgrading Premiere to previous version (22.4) or newer version (22.6) ?

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried both and definitely doesn't make a difference. I think it has definitely come from an update as it was exporting fine this time last year, but I think I have narrowed it down to a GPU thing eventhough I have two 8gb GPU's and premiere only uses 60% of one of them, 20% of the other when rendering at 4k. Never slowed down in the past though and all my drivers are up to date. That being said, other GPU rendering and applications don't slow anything down at all. Could anything else work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did some more testing. Rendering a 4k video with effects and grain in Media Encoder and inside AE with GPU enhanced rendering doesnt slow my machine down one bit, runs perfectly smooth. Doing the same but in Premiere lags it an unbearable amount, so it is 100% a Premiere CC issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Toebex,

Sorry for the poor experience. Which version of Premiere Pro are you currently using? Do you see this issue only while exporting? What export settings are you using? Does changing the export preset make any difference? Could you try resetting your preferences and clearing your media cache and let us know if you still see the issue? 

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently on PR 22.5.0

Yes only while exporting, nowhere else

I have tried every export setting and sub-setting available, still happens no matter what

No, changing the presets dont seem to make a difference

and yes I have done both of those, problem still persists unfortunately.I have recently upgraded to 64gb of ram and its still occouring. At this point not sure what it could be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to tell you this, but that 8-core Xeon in that 2019 Mac Pro is outdated. It is based on the Cascade Lake architecture, which itself is derived from the Skylake-X architecture that debuted on the "7th-Gen" Intel X-series CPUs in mid-2017 (and with very few changes from it). And the Skylake-X architecture itself is a derivative of the Skylake architecture that debuted with the 6th-Gen Intel Core series mainstream CPUs in late 2015!

In other words, the 8-core Xeon is yet another Skylake rehash. And its IPC remains low compared to newer-gen CPUs from both Intel and AMD.

So, do not be surprised that it performs worse in content creation than today's 6-core/12-thread CPUs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that is incredibly depressing, oh well I guess. Still not sure why it bugs out in Premiere and not on anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is especially depressing because Apple is now no longer developing or even refreshing any more Intel-powered Macs. It is transitioning its entire Mac line to Apple Silicon. The 2019 Mac Pro was, and is, the very last new Intel-powered Mac that Apple will ever release. It, and a version of the Mac Mini, are now the only Intel-powered Macs that are still available new - and they have not been refreshed at all since the initial release of their current iterations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I swear just when I think I know about computers and companies, I discover something new and depressing. At least they will keep it compatible for a while, but it does what I need it to do very well at least. Hopefully can figure out why Premiere is doing this though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines