• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PR CC V 14.0 2021: Some clips suddenly do the "Jitter Dance"

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I'm relatively new to Pr (maybe 1 year in) but doing just fine; in working on a client project, I noticed most clips render fine on export, but inevitably 1 or 2 clips do the "jitter dance", meaning, the video is not smooth and frames seem to bounce backward and forward. What's odd is some of these jittering clips rendered great on first export, THEN, on future exports same clips do the "jitter". I've searched why this might be and did what the search results suggested, including allocating less ram to "other applications" (more for Pr), clearing cache, etc. Best explanation is "source video files have become corrupt", so I replace the clip "fresh" from the source and it's fixed, then, a second export it does the "jitter" again, as though the new clip became corrupt. I'm pre-rendering when I can prior to final export, learning about and trying different Codecs and Sequence Settings. Jitter dance still occurs. I assumed using Pr CC on a paid account, this sort of thing wouldn't occur, that my exports would be clean and beautiful. 6th hour now "chasing this jitter issue" when the fall weather is beautiful outside.

Running on Mac OS High Sierra on iMac 27" 2011, 2.4 Ghz Intel Core i7; 16 gigs RAM; Graphics AMD Radeon HD 512mb; I just noticed today via Creative Cloud that the new Pr v15 "is not compatible". See GIF attached for "jitter". - thanks, #NoMoreJitters 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JP5ED9!

Sorry for the trouble. We can get this checked.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kartika

1) the media are .mp4 files and are fine (the "jittering" is not present on the source file; I would know to check that)

2) The GPU installed: AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB (my Mac is not used for "gaming", but should be able to handle up to 1080p video refresh rates, but not beyond)

3) my OS is 10.13.6 High Sierra. I don't believe my iMac 27-inch is eligible for further major OS upgrades (mid 2011 build) without a technical workaround, which I'm aware might be available (Apple doesn't support machines older than 6 years). 

-----

Question: What is the minimum or preferred GPU specification which Adobe recommends for Premiere Pro, running on Mac OS, if that information is published by Adobe?

-----

I'm already aware of an opinion that Premiere runs equal if not better on Windows machines.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines