Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pr freezes when exporting/importing

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I've been having this issues with Premiere Pro when I either export or import. When I hit the file address, or any other option that directs to a finder text box, Premiere freezes before that text box pops up. It seems like the text box is somewhere behind the Premiere windows, but I'm not able to get to it because the whole program is frozen. The only option I've been able to find to get out of this situation is to force quit - which is obviously very frustrating because I lose work. This does not always happen, it's probably 75% of the time. Usually after I force quit, I'm able to successfully export/import.
Any ideas? 

My specs:
Premiere 2021 only
Windows 10
Processor Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2687W
Installed RAM 64.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Olivia25923587yvg1,

Sorry for your issue.

Do you see any error message? Are you exporting to external/shared storage? Also, does it happen to all the projects or a particular one? You could try resetting the preferences: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premie...

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nishu, 

Thanks for your reply. It happens when exporting anywhere - but when this issue occurs I can't even get to this step as Pr freezes when I hit the file address option. It happens to all projects in Pr 2021 on this machine. When I open the same projects on different computers, the problem does not happen. 

Thanks!

Olivia 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines