• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pr won't import Effect Overlay

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Pr and I downloaded and unzipped video effect overlays. When going to import them, I can't even click on the files to import them. I've been googling and racking my brain for hours. I restarted the app, I moved the files to diferent places, redownloaded/rezipped, and I dragged and dropped them into the project window over my footage, but its only working as footage instead of an effect. Please help!

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the left, you are pointing to Presets. On the right, you are pointing to a folder. Are these one and the same?

If they are really presets then the corresponding effect needs to be installed as well.

E.g. if you have a preset for Twixtor and twixtor is not installed the preset wont work.

Where do these presets come from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the overlays from Artlist. On the left/what the arrow is pointing to is just where I'm trying to put the downloaded/unzipped overlays into on Pr. I created a new folder on Pr, under effects, for the presets to be in. On the right it shows my laptop's downloads folder where I created a folder (has the same name as the one on Pr) where all the overlays with their unzipped files are. Sorry, that probably confusing. Any other questions or ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give an exact link to Artlist:

I am guessing these are video overlays you use with blending modes which dont need installing just imported into the Project window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, its specifically artgrid.io under the descriptor "matte". I dowloaded several different versions of the same effect. https://artgrid.io/clip/283340/vintage-flickering-anamorphic-matte

Is this what you're asking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its not a preset its an overlay you use with the Track Matte effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right click the presets bin and choose import presets

(the folder you point to looks like a shortcut or something?)

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 9.36.24 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines