Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preimere pro keeps crashing shorty after starting up

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

Im new to preimere. Im editing a video on a new Macbook air that I just bought from the apple store ( 8gpu 500 in something gb). There plently of storage so I dont think that thats the issue. I also dont have any other applications open while working. 

Also under project setting my render is set to "mercury playback engine software only" i saw that that might help but im still having an issue 

I also tried to reset my computer but that doesnt solve it 

I get this : ( sorry, a serious error had occurred that requires adobe pp to shut down..." So now what. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 10.12.51 PM.png

-Sara

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

That didnt do the trick. 

On PP, I delted the audio area that was giving me the issue. I then opened it in audition and added my effects. Then I saved it and put it back into PP and it hasnt crashed since. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For got to add my computer stats :

Macos Big sur (m1, 2020)

Apple M1 chip

memory 8gb

500gb of storage : 379.19 gb available 

also the whole time line is about an hour and a half long and ive edited 13 mins of it. 

I also noticed that it only crashes when I get up to a certain part of the timeline. This part in particular ( around the 13 min mark ) has audio that was a little messed up so i was trying to fix it with audio affects so maybe that has something to do with it? 

-

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you editing with clips from a camera or from a screen capture? If the latter, have you tried transcoding the footage in Handbrake before importing it into Premiere Pro? That can help a lot, Sara. Try it.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin, 

The 13 mins that I already edited is a mix of videos shot on my phone ( iphone 7 plus) and screen recordings from my phone

The part that keeps crashing  is just videos that was shot on my phone. + audio I recorded on a blue snowball mic. 

I will try your suggestion and get back to you.

Thanks!

-Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That didnt do the trick. 

On PP, I delted the audio area that was giving me the issue. I then opened it in audition and added my effects. Then I saved it and put it back into PP and it hasnt crashed since. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines