• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premere 2022 running so slow I can't work

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week I was forced to update from Premiere 2020, which worked great, to Premeire 2022 becaues I was working with a remote editor and we needed to share project files. In order to do that I also had to upgrade my Mac OS to Catalina, which was a pain but fine. I've spent the last 3 days trying to get Premere and After Effects to open and allow me to work. I am under several deadlines and cannot get either app to function properly. When I open Premiere it takes a solid 2-3 minutes just to get to the "start or open a project" panel. I created a new project and it worked fine until I tried recording a scratch track - then it was spinning ball of death until I had to force quit the app. I can't get it to work, which means I can't work, which is not good.

I've tried uninstalling the Creative Cloud app and then doing a fresh install. It seemed to help but the problem persists. I've also tried clearing the cache and removing 3rd party plugins to no avail. What gives?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 2-3 minutes is normal after an update, especially after an OS update. It should get better with subsequent launches.

For the recording issue, try this first:

DefaultAudioInputNoInput.jpg

Click OK, then go back and set your required recording device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply.

I've tried opening the software multiple times and the lag persists. I just deleted Premiere 2022 and have gone back to Premiere 2021. I was having trouble launching this version but after deleting the preferences it worked. However, I am still unable to use Premiere 2022.

For the recording, my audio hardware settings were correctly set and I was able to make a short recording. The problem occured when I hit the space bar to stop the recording - Premiere froze up with the spinning wheel. I had to force quit the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines