• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro 2019 Freezing when importing a file.

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've left it for 10-20 minutes and it's still stuck on the "Import files" screen. I've tried twice, same result.

The .mp4 file I'm trying to import is pretty big (30~GB) However, other editing programs managed to import it easily within minutes. 

Can I please have some help? Thank you,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite the fact that it has worked on other pieces of software, it is most likely the file size that is causing the issue.

Where is the file located (internal/external drive? SSD? What connection to your system is it using?

Are you trying to import into a clean project, or an existing one? Do you know the codec of the mp4 file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The file is located on an interal hard drive, it's internal so it's using the default connectors, It is in a clean project and I don't really know what a codec is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines