Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Premier Pro 2022 virtually unusable - Dynamic Link Issue

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having constant issues with this version, on 2 x computers.

Computer 1: 2019 27" iMac, 3.6GHz 8-core i9, 64GB DDR4 RAM, 580X 8GB. Monterey 12.0.1.
Issue: After effects will not link, even when previpusly linked. Go to link them and PP freezes, then crashes.

Computer 2: 2018 MacBook Pro, 2.9GHz 6-core i9, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 555X 4GB. Big Sur 11.6.
Issue: Opens the project fine, AE media links fine, but freezes when exporting the video.

Building the project worked ok, but then editing and adding more media created these issues. The project is only 25 seconds long at this stage.

What can I do? I could use an older version but wish there was an easier way to downsave.

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am feeling your pain. I open a current vid project and continued to work - I wish I saved a copy and experimented in 2022 so I could go back to 2021. Program window frozen, I can edit in timeline but can't see the results or scrub thru. I'm going to try to work in 2021 and insert into 2022 project. What was I thinking . . .

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019), 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to copy the files to my windows machine and was able to finish the job.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mmackinven!

Sorry about the trouble. Could you try disabling Multi Frame Rendering and see if that helps?

Go to After Effects Preferences > Memory & Performance.

Thanks,

Kartika

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines