Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Premier Pro caption panel is empty

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my team has Premier pro installed onto a dell precision 5500 laptop that we have just bought 2nd hand with an Nvida quador M1000 video driver. 

All is fine except fro when looking to add captions and we open the text panel, the panel is completely empty except for the search in top left. However moving the cursor over the blank panel we can see that the buttons are there (by the change of the cursor) , they are just not being displayed. 

There is a message saying unsupported video driver. which I presume is causing this issue. We have ensure the video driver is the most up to date. Is there any way to get the panels to be displayed?

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Hardware or GPU, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the window is too small there are no buttons visable: Expand window.

https://helpx.adobe.com/nl/premiere-pro/system-requirements/2021.html#gpu-acceleration

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A screenshot might help. I'd look at the video driver issues. I hope it's the Text Panel window being set too narrow, but when I just tested, I see no cursor change in the button area, and you'd see content in the window - either captions if you have a track, or the buttons in the middle of the screen for "Transcribe Sequence," "Create new caption track," etc.

Let us know.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines