• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier pro causing full system crash of PC

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Adobe editing, especially video editing, and I heard this was theb est software. I have been having issues with my computer crashing, especially when try to create an auto-transcript from an audio track. And I don't know what to do. At first I thought I was using too much memory, but I have 32 GB of 3200 memory, and even when other programs like Discord and Google Chrome etc are closed, the system is still crashing, with no error message, only black screens, and losing power to most USB devices, while the RBG and computer seems to stay on within the tower itself, so I'm really confused. Help!!! (PS-Bios settings are default) 

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Peter252105129e1o,

Sorry about the issue. Which version of Premiere are you currently using? Are you having this issue with only Premiere or other software as well? Please share your system specifications (OS, CPU, GPU, RAM). Let us know. We're here to help.

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other software that crashes only crashes the software, not my entire computer. The current version of Premier Pro I am using is Version 22.5.0 (Build 62) (Well, I'm not sure that this symbol is a 6.) I have also included a few screenshots with the information that I believe you are looking for. Also, my ram is Corsair - DDR4 3200 speed, 4 sticks of 8 GB with XMP profile enabled. In this speccy screen/screenshot, I have see the @1223MHz be upwards of 1400 and 1700+ But that changes based on the volume of work currently being completed, I believe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still need help, I am still unable to auto-transcribe captions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Sorry to hear about your issue. I have a similar PC and ran a test. I didn't have any problems with the function. Can you outline your exact steps and describe what happens when you try to transcribe the sequence? 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there I way that I would be able to capture and post a screen recording or website link to a screen recording? or maybe screenshots? I'm just afraid that when my PC crashes, what it will even save, and it's delayed, so about 65-80% of the way though the auto-transcription of captions that it shuts down, so I can't always see it coming right before it happens, and I don't know if the screen recording would put even more tax on the system and make it worse, or crash sooner, if it is the system itself and not a software issue. But I will try. I will have to post this, then try and go get the video or screen capture/screenshots after posting this and closing everything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Peter. You can attach movies and screenshots to the post here in the forum. You can also place a link to a YouTube video with the tools in the toolbar. 

If your system is completely shutting down, that's not right. Your system should easily handle a simple task like transcription. Are you saying you can generally edit with Premiere Pro, and only this transcription process is causing the problem?

Usually, when a computer completely shuts down, it is for overheating, or the PSU is not powerful enough. It can also be due to GPU issues. Do you have dual monitors? You referred to "black screens." I would first try to connect a single monitor rather than run dual monitors. That can help a lot.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Please attach a recording so I can more easily see what's happening. That would help a lot!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i experienced the same problem as OP. i am a professional editor and have an editing computer built to handle adobe software. that being said, i dont think our problem has anything to do with the computer overheating or it not being powerful enough.

i have yet to experience this problem with premiere pro 2023, but i just wanted to give my feedback and validate OPs experience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexa,

Sorry about that. Do you have an NVIDIA GPU? If so, roll back to 517.40. See if that helps. The latest drivers have been a problem. If that is not your problem, let me know. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue. I can do one transcode, and then I need to reboot my computer for the next transcode to work (ie. not shutdown/crash my computer).

My computer specs:

Version 23.2.0 Build 69

Graphics card: Quadro P6000

128 GB RAM

64bit Windows 10 Pro (OS build 19045.2728)

Intel core i9-9980XE CPU @ 3.00 GHz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jody,

Sorry! Try the 528.49 driver. Let us know if that solves the issue. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Kevin! I installed the latest driver for the Quadro P6000 and I'm not getting the crash anymore. There may have also been some other servers running heavy loads on the same electrical circuit in the office which may have caused the crashing. Happy to say, the problem has gone away and the transcribe feature is working great! Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines