Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro Crashes when deleting Mask Nodes

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have a really complicated transition I am trying to do with the camera moving through a hole in rock (unever, jagged, changing), that is requiring a lot of frame by frame masking. 

At some point the masks have become a right mess, with nodes stacking ontop of each other or some frames having extra nodes and the frames either side of it not having them. This makes the mask 'wave' at the edges, which im trying to tidy up but these extra nodes are getting in the way. If I hold ctrl and click the node to delete it, on any node, on any frame; premier pro crashes. 

Sometimes it crashes straight to desktop, other times it gives and error report then crashes. Either way, I cant work with these masks any longer and its driving me nuts. Any suggestions to overcome this please?

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try doing your masking and mask tracking in After Effects. This will save you a lot of headaches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.  PrPro (23.5.0), complicated masking, and it got really messy.  Now, it won't let me delete even a single node.  It throws a popup window with a message that... 

"a low level exception has occurred"  AEVideoFilter 15.

I intend to dive into AE, but now is not the time.

I've tried clearing cache, restarting (multiple times)...

Is there something to clear (db-wise), or some way to reset to allow deleting nodes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @philm48569207

You might try deleting the mask and starting over with one using fewer of these nodes. Can you try that? Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When making a mask manually, do not add or subtract nodes.

Figure out how many nodes you need and stick to those.

If you delete a node it just for one keyframe all the rest will still have the node.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines