Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro crashing my whole laptop

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm facing a problem with premiere pro 2022 (latest version/22.4.0) crashing my whole laptop. So, I have a dual screen setup (laptop + one external monitor) including about 2 months old laptop Asus ROG M16 (2022) (specs below). For a few days now, every time I open Premiere Pro everything works fine for some minutes, then the whole system freezes, both screens go black, and then after a minute or so the external monitor turns back on. The laptop's monitor stays black until I (hard) restart the system. 

Currently, I'm working on a "team project" but there's the same problem with local projects.

I've already done some troubleshooting, but sadly nothing worked:

- I've updated all drivers (with Driver Easy program and also in Nvidia's GeForce experience software)

- I've reinstalled PremierePro

- I've monitored procesor and graphics (in Task Manager) and none of them seemed to be overloaded (they are high-end components after all) 

Specs: Asus m16 (2022)

-  intel i9-12900H

- nvidia 3070ti

- 16 GB RAM

- 1TB SDD 

- screen 16:10 (QHD)

Any help would be very much appreciated, Thanks!

Best regards 

Luka

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a Studio Driver and not a Game Ready Driver from NVIDIA?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luka21953025jh3a_0-1654580233224.png

Yes, I'm running the latest nvidia studio driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try it with only the laptop screen or only the external monitor.

Does it work OK either way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried to work with only the laptop screen for about 20 minutes (before the system crashed almost immediately) - and everything worked fine. Then I plugged the external monitor back in and it continued to work without any problems. So, it looks like everything's fine now although nothing has changed on my side. Weird. I expect the problem to reappear but for now thanks for your time and help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines