• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro CS6 new install with W7 problem

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved my CS6 to a new computer with Win 7 and got the "please connect to the Internet and retry" error message during the validation process. My CS6 had previously already been activated.

After months of trying to resolves with Adobe support I solved the problem.

Microsoft discontinued a network protocol at end of 2020 and moved to TLS 2.1. Adobe followed.

Since Win7 is not supported by MS you need to 1) manually dl a MS update KB3140245 for Win7

2) manually fix registry settings using a "Easy Fix" program from MS to propogate the correct registry subkeys. This program is available in the instructions for the MS update.

Once both of these are completed the Adobe installtion program connects with the Adobe servers and validates the already activated software.

Not a very friendly process but solved my problem to get CS6 installed on a new upgraded computer.

I wish Adobe support had more information linking TLS 2.1 to their validation process for applications that require that step.

I hope that by providing this information I will save others from a tedious process to discover the solution.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Surfboy,

I am having that issue now, and I will attempt the process that worked for you. I have kept the machine in its most reasonable standard state (meaning, I don't often update the OS), so I will be on the lookout for massive changes!

Thanks. Here goes!

Best,

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>wish Adobe support had more information

TLS 1.2 is now required to connect https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html
-http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html
-on Windows be sure to do the EASYFIX.MSI in step 2 of the 1st link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, John,

Thanks for the additional info. The EasyFix said it was successful, but the Adobe connection came up with the same error regarding no internet. I bet that I have gaps in my MS updates and that the TLS fix alone wasn't enough.

So, instead, I just did an OFFLINE ACTIVATION (a few back and forths between computers using email!) and PPro came up normally after I entered the final response code. I confirmed my registration on Adobe.com is still good (serial number), but without internet connection, it shows I have no activated devices. I was hoping it might say OFFLINE device or something.

In any case, the test will be 8 days from now, when Ppro won't work if its self-destruct mechanism wasn't turned off!

Thanks again. I'll update next week.

Regards,

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines