• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier pro no longer loading on Mac (Catalina) after insta360 GoPro FX Reframe plugin install

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premier pro no longer loading on Macbook (Catalina) after insta360 GoPro FX Reframe plugin install.

See the plugin i installed here:

https://www.insta360.com/download/insta360-oner

I uninstalled and reinstalled premier pro but it still is not loading......shows my welcome screen with different stuff it is loading, but then crashes and asks me if i want to send error report.

I think i also deleted the plugin to see if that helps, but premier pro is still not loading.....

I have more than 500GB storage space still available and dont think there is any issue with memory.

Not sure what the problem is.

pls help!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

solved: I upgraded to OSX 12.6.1 Monterey and updated insta360 desktop to the version from 11.11.2022. The latest version from GoPro FX Reframe Plugin is 1.4.1 is an upgrade as well. All work as supposed on Premiere Pro 22

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the following locations described in this link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/premiere-pro/kb/troubleshoot_playback_performance.html

• Check the MediaCore folder to verify whether the installed plug-ins are compatible with Premiere Pro.

For Windows, the files are at:

C:\ProgramFiles\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore.

For macOS, the files are at:

Macintosh HD⁩/ ⁨Library⁩/⁨Application Support⁩/Adobe⁩/⁨Common⁩/⁨Plug-ins⁩/⁨7.0⁩/MediaCore.

• Move the plug-ins temporarily from this location to any other folder and check if Premiere Pro is working properly without the third-party plug-ins. If the issue is resolved, then update the plug-ins, or contact the plug-in vendor for a compatible version.

Check it after uninstalling and remove anything related to that plugin before reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. But this is from GoPro. I find it suprising that GoPro's website has a plugin that appears to be crashing Adobe Premier 2022 upon loading......Dont know what to do...... I am using MacOS Catalina and latest Adobe Premier 2022. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. But this is from GoPro.

I don't know what you mean by this?

Have you tried uninstalling, clearing that folder, then re-installing?

Does Premiere start up successfully then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plugin still seems to crash adobe Premire Pro 2022. I had to delete the pugin from /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins folder to make premire pro work. Nobody told me this and took ages to discover this.

Dear Adobe can you help. All our work is in 360!!! What is your sugeestion to make this plug-in work?

Sunny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the hint. @adobe @gopro could you please fix this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat, iMac 2013, unable to update to the current macOS (still running Catalina) since the device is no longer supported. Plugin crashes PP 2022 after install. I have tried an older version of PP, that also does not work. 

I also have a 2015 MacBook pro that is on mac OS Monterey (still supported), it runs both PP 2022 and the GoPro Refram FX plug-in fine. So the problem is some compatibility with the macOS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Catalina with MacBook Pro 16" and Adobe is crashing straight after installing that plugin.
I need to delete it from the Application Support folder to start Pr (2022), otherwise it won't start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here on 2019 mac pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Premiere Pro version 23.0 or later, Catalina is no longer supported.

Might be due to system requirements, not compatible crashes occur.

hope this is helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

solved: I upgraded to OSX 12.6.1 Monterey and updated insta360 desktop to the version from 11.11.2022. The latest version from GoPro FX Reframe Plugin is 1.4.1 is an upgrade as well. All work as supposed on Premiere Pro 22

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, fredrik!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines