• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

premier pro not showing video?

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried with .MOV and .MP4 files and I have the same outcome. New to premier pro, and want to start using it but this is really ruining my experience. This is what I am looking at. Maybe I'm missing something stupid? Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

I didn't see video on import. Now I have converted my videos to 720p and I can see them now! I only hope the quality is still good.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Troubleshooting https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2261475

-Premiere Pro Video Editing Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cmoney111,

Sorry for the trouble with the issue. Change the renderer in the project settings & check the issue. Here are the steps: FAQ: How to change the Video Renderer in Premiere Pro?

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for the advice. I tried this, and it did not change. I used to have premier pro roughly a year ago, and I never had this issue before. This a fresh install, and I have tried saving a project and change the rendering. As well as create a new project with these settings and the same thing happens. I'm stumped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cmoney111,

Thanks for trying the step. Just for a test, install a previous version of Premiere Pro & check the issue.

Here are the steps: Install previous version of your Creative Cloud app

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, I had the same problem and now after I followed th instructions it works <3<3<3<3 It took me nearly 3 hours to get there hahahah 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes sir my same problum is  on your picture

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To whom it may concern.. this is the 4th time I have had issues with PP CC.. i'm currently editing a major film and twice I had lost audio. then added additional tracks and moved the audio into those tracks and it worked.. same with video.. now I the display monitor is not showing any video on my time line.. and will not show any video.. I am half way through my editing on this film and cannot loose everything that I have done so far.. I want to know why this keeps happening.. please I need this fixed ASAP..

Christopher Maggard

Creepy Attic Productions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christopher, 

Sorry for the issue. Is there a preview when you change the renderer? Steps: FAQ: How to change the Video Renderer in Premiere Pro?

What are the system specs(OS, RAM, GPU, CPU)? What is the exact dot version of Premiere Pro? Steps: FAQ: How to find the exact version of Premiere Pro you're using?

Is this happening with all projects? Try with a new project.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the same problem. I’ve been using this for YEARS, I consider myself a very big intellectual when it comes to selecting the correct render settings, and have been using the same exact settings for years on my camera as well as the editing software, totally came out of no where, and I have tried LITERALLY everything from updating my computer, all the drivers, adobe applications, changing settings and reder settings, and way more. So when I say it seems like there’s nothing that is fixing this, there is NOTHING that seems to be fixing this. All my files are .MP4 like they ALWAYS have been. I’ve been using the same codec like I ALWAYS HAVE BEEN. This makes zero sense, seriously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, I'm getting along just fine with this program but now I don't understand anything of it anymore. Have tried so much but nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two scenarios:

No audio or video on import (as in the original question) or

Audio and video on import but no audio or video showing in timeline.

If its the first clean out media cache,

If its the latter make sure the tracks are source patched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done both.. I cleaned out the media cache 3 times already, and the audio shows but the video doesn't. Everything is on the same source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which one of the scenarios applies to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't see video on import. Now I have converted my videos to 720p and I can see them now! I only hope the quality is still good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines