• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro Template

Participant ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a zip file to create the folder structure for my projects.  I also have a premier pro template that I created to get a quick start on new projects.

I have two assets that are .mov files that I use in all of my projects and those are included in my zip file that lays out my folder structure so they are in place for every new project, however each time I use the template I have to find those files for premier pro since it thinks they are missing since the root folder for the project changes name to reflect the project.  This is because premier pro is using an absolute path when a relative path would work better.

Is there a better way to do this?

tim

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about placing those MOV files in your Creative Cloud Libraries and then when you pop open your new project from the template just add them in from the Libaries panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I haven't thought of that but I will look  into it.

tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still an additional step which isn't ideal. But I find it better then navigating the link media dialogs and trying to get to the correct folders in my hard drive to link the files. I hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about putting those two assests in a (shared) folder and in the project 'template' link to those files in that folder which sticks around. Then you would always be using those same files, but only have the one copy so you wouldn't have all those duplicates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Myer, I think i am already doing that (not really sure), but when I move the project from my "in work" folder to my "completed" folder it breaks the link.  The assets i mention above are not very large and I was thinking it would be nice just to keep them with the project somehow.

But I do see your method as an advantage if I ever update the assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines