• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro version 22.2 crashing constantly

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ther above version is constantly crashing and shutting down.  I have updated it today and this is still happening.  I have since uninstalled it and downloaded a fresh version from the Adobe site, but the problem persists.

Anyone out there having the same issue.

I need this working now!!!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean installation of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Also, please help us help you:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-what-information-should-i-provide-when-asking-a-ques...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peru Bob,

I have done all what you asked and the problem still persists.

I really need to get this fixed as I have a deadline coming up for a presentation to be produced and currently I am not able to progress due to the problem.  The problem may have occurred in the previous version of premier Pro version 2021 as I have recovered the crash logs for version 2022  and noticed that there was one for 2021 in with them .  I have not attached the crash logs to this post as Adobe Acrobat Reader has PDF'd them and that is not a supported file type for this platform.  The last time I used P/Pro it was the 2021 version and it worked okay the problem looks as if it has happened since the last update of the 2021 version and into the 2022 version.  The program has been updated and still the program crashes.  I have uninstalled it and reistalled from the Adobe site to see if that would be clear it, but still the problem is there.  My system is as follows Windows Home 10 x64 Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044 and all updates have been done.  Intel Core i7- 6700k CPU @ 4 Ghz  GPU Nvidia Ge Force GTX 970. GeForce Game Ready Driver V472.12 (20/9/2021)   Premier Pro does not show in the list of games and apps, only Adobe Bridge and Lightroom Classic, so I don't know if that has any significance or not.  Ram 32Gb.

Thanks in advance

Stewart 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Bob,

I forgot to mention about the sequence of what has been happening.

I open P/Pro and import my files via the browser and then selected a file and  after having clipped the sequence I have dropped into the timeline.  As I go to browse for the next clip from the files the program immediately shuts down.

I have just tried a different approach which is to drag the clips directly into the timeline in the assembly  and the program has not crashed .  From there I have trimed each clip and the program is still running so far.  All the files being used are mp4's.  

Confused dot com

Stewart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

I thought I had this cracked but not so.  On checking the file containing the clips for the sequence I have previously used, when viewing them in P/Pro browser I noticed that the .mp4 files look okay but the .MOV files look like they have a problem as each one of the thumbnails has the bottom half in green, which I take it the program thinks the file is corrupted , or am I wrong on that front.  As soon as I scrolled down through them to see how many are affected the program shuts down immediately without any warning.

I don't if this information helps at all but it is something that I have just noticed.

Stewart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

I have attached the crash reports from the program afetr finding out how to open them.  Nightmare!

I hope these help.

Stewart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I don't have the technical ability to read crash reports.

Maybe an Adobe employee might happen to come to this thread and can help.

@Sumeet Kumar Choubey 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peru Bob,

I think I know where the problem lies.

P/Pro is accepting .mp4 files without problem.  What it does have a problem with is .MOV files that come out of my Fujifilm XT3 camera.

I did an experiment by separating the .mp4 files from the .MOV files and put them in separate folders.

When I imported the folder with the .mp4 files in it there wasn't a problem, however when I imported the folder of .MOV files P/Pro shut down.  Therefore I can only conclude that there is an interface issue with the .MOV files and P/Pro.

P/Pro should I would have thought be able to accept and process the.MOV file format or am I wrong??

I would be interested in your response.

Yours

Stewart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of the tree or text view of MediaInfo for one of the MOV files. The file properties may provide a clue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I think I have found out where the problem lies.  The source folder I was using contained both MOV and mp4 files.  By experimenting with putting the MOV's in one and the mp4's in another I found that the crashing was caused by the MOV files.  Peru Bob suggest that the Nvidia driver was updated to the latest Studio driver not he gaming one.... problem my GPU is not compatible with the Studio driver.  I have been in touch with Nvidia and it would require a replacement GPU to one with a Studio driver.....however if I convert the MOV files to mp4 the problem is no longer there and Premier Pro seems to be working okay at the moment.  What I don't understand is that with previous iterations of Premier Pro that problem wasn't there and had processed MOV files in P/Pro.......so what has changed???  Have P/Pro updates created the problem with my GPU or have driver updates for the GPU created the issue?

Stewart Dodd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

Mediainfo file attached.

Stewart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stewart,

See if you can import just one of the troublesome MOV files. 
Once it's imported, go to File>Modify>Interpret Footage and post a screenshot of that.

Neil may come by and confirm or deny it, but I think the 10-bit video and Rec 709 color space may be misinterpreted by Pr. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your post.  I have managed to import a clip by just dragging it straight to the timeline and it has kept the program open.

I have been going through the taskbar and dropdowns but unable to follow the route you want me to take.

I clicked on file but don't see modify  in the drop down menu.  Can you give me a steer as to where I am going wrong.  Thanks

Stewart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot with the file in place

Stewart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I think this possibly is the info you want with this second image.

Thanks for all your help so far

Stewart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stewart,

My bad. Old habits die hard. Modify used to be in the File menu, oh, 7 or 8 versions ago. Now it's under Clip>Modify>Interpret Footage.

Select the clip in the Project panel (not the timeline). Use the Clip menu from there, or right-click the clip in the Project panel and choose Modify>Interpret Footage.

Either way, that is the screenshot I need. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning Jeff,

Well it is morning here in Scotland.

Thanks for the new instructions and have attached screenshots of what you required.  I hope that this is the info you require, if not let me know what other information you require to progress this.

Yours

Stewart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stewart,

If you can get that file to open in the source monitor without crashing, please do that. While looking at the source monitor open the interpret footage dialog and override the color space to Rec 709. Be prepared for anything, including the image looking normal in the source monitor or having Pr crash on you again.

If you get the crash, or some other unpleasant thing, then you need to try to install the most recent *Studio* drivers from the Nvidia web site. I recommend doing a clean install.

Hopefully one or both of those things will fix your crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I have done what you said and there is no difference.  I have attached a sceenshot to show what is there.

Half the image is green.

As far as the GPU driver is concerned, my GeForce GTX970 does not support a Studio driver just the gaming one, which would mean a replacement GPU @ £600...that isn't going to happen anytime soon!!

What I have done is run the MOV files through a program called Handbrake  and converted them to m4v (MPEG-4) files and they seem to work okay without the program crashing.

Yours

Stewart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done, Stewart!

I'm sorry the ideas I had didn't work. I'm happy, though, that you found a workaround. It sucks that you have to run all those files through Handbrake, but it beats crashing and buying new hardware.

Will the camera allow you to change format or codec? If so, maybe there's a more Premiere-friendly setting you can use.

Regardless, it's good that you can get down to editing without the errors!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff,

This has become quite a marathon to find a solution, but the workaround works and that is all that matters.

Strange that the files have been processed through P/Pro previously and now this.

As far as the camera settings are concerned I'll have a look at them  soon.  Priority at the moment is to shoot more footage and get it processed so that I can meet my deadline.

Technology is wonderful...when it works.

Thank you for all your assistance, just a pity that it comes down to the GPU and unless you get your wallet out it isn't moving off the motherboard any time soon. Lol.

Best wishes

Stewart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing is also happening with me

I import any file in Premiere pro 

Then I drag it on the timeline

And here the problem begins

My whole premier pro just freezes and I can't do anything except ending task 

I cleared all the media cache files

I re-installed the whole thing

Still doesnt work

I make youtube videos that's why I really need this

My pc specs are

Intel i5 10400

Ram 8gb

Ssd 256 gb

(No graphics card)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines