Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Use 100% CPU and not the GPU on files Sony A7siii 4K 4:2:2 120 Fps Mp4

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening to the whole team!

I have a huge problem for a week now. I made a new computer strong enough to be able to work my files in full resolution but as when using the files of Sony A7siii 4k 120 fps 4: 2: 2 (10bit color) mp4 in premiere the premier uses 100% CPU / 14% GPU and I have LAG in Playback.
When I use a Sony A7siii 4K 4: 2: 0 file (8 bit color) it works perfectly (pemier use 13% CPU / 50% CUDA & NO LAG in Playback). So the problem is 10bit color! Is there a solution to this? I have been contacting the company for 3 days now and they do not find me a solution!

PC specs:
11th Gen Intel (R) Core (TM) i9-11900 @ 2.50GHz turbo 5.20 GHz
RTX 3080 TI (10G Ram)
128 giga ram on board
Windows 11

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonder if @mattchristensen might pop in? Or @Smit-Shah ?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro does not support all the variations of H.264/265 when using Quick Sync or Nvenc. Some variations of H.264/265 can bring a 12 core CPU to it's knees. Having said that I think Adobe did state the M1 chip and Alder Lake will support more variations of H.264/265. For H.264/265 it is hard to beat dedicated hardware for encoding and encoding. The video below shows the power of Nvenc and Quick Sync. That being said try using Quick Sync instead of Nvenc. It might support 10 bit 4:2:2 and prove to be better on your system than Nvenc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much for your time! unfortunately the video did not help me ... I have contacted the people you suggested to me and I am waiting ... thank you very much again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stamatis,

Sorry for the disappointment with the performance of Premiere Pro and those files with your system. I think that your computer should be able to support playback for your files with your 11th gen Intel CPU/GPU and Quick Sync providing hardware decoding. Your GPU will not yet support the format, however, for any decoding. See this article: https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/What-H-264-and-H-265-Hardware-Decoding-is-Supported-in-Pr...

The problem may be that 24fps would be supported but perhaps 120fps might not be. You could try a test with a clip and see if it performs OK. 

Sorry about you not getting help from our staff. Feel free to message me if you would like to escalate your case.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening Mr. Kevin-Monahan!

First of all, thank you very much for your time on my problem!

Unfortunately I have tried? All the fps ... The problem is clearly 10Bit (4: 2: 2). I am very disappointed as I made a big investment in camera and computer and I did not expect that the program will be what it will not be able to afford .... The strange thing is that the premiere can not work the files of one of the most famous cameras ( Sony Asiii) which has been on the market for almost a year ... I am really very disappointed and I am seriously preparing to change the editing program ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing editing programs may not help. Some video codecs are hard to playback and you are pushing 120 FPS. Keep in mind Premiere Pro does support Nvnec and Quick Sync some NLE do not. Having said that did you try Quick Sync instead of Nvenc? If so did one work a little better than the other?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good evening again

I fully understand the reasons why you want to convince me not to change the editing program but it is good to admit that there is a huge failure on the part of adobe to be able to properly encode sony A7Siii files when it writes in 10 bit I send you a screenshot again to see everything have been done correctly. Τhe bad thing is that the camera has been on the market for almost 1.5 years and still does not work in the premier . All that remains is to admit that adobe can not respond ... let's be honest!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the time devoted to my problem and I really appreciate it ... but I do not stop being disappointed with the program that I pay every month!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy isn't a staffer any more than I am, and I know that, like me, he uses a number of NLEs and other video post specialty apps. Which is I'm assuming why he commented that changing apps may not help, as ... you may well get the same in another app if it's a hardware issue.

Or not.

And yea, these things can be frustrating to sort out. And the answers aren't always what we want to hear. Been there so many times myself.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stamatis Liontos,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Would you mind sharing a download link for the sample media (10bit 4:2:2 H.264) with which you are experiencing this issue? 

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mr  Sumeet Kumar Choubey !

I send you via google drive link a sample media (10bit 4:2:2 H.264)  which i have  this issue ! Download it and try to work with this ... premier uses 100% CPU / little GPU and LAG in Playback.

Google Drive Link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UveNMlt1tnlWmNk2ZKcrRWzG6BRQPfg4/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link. Please allow us some time to get it checked at our end.

-Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

take your time !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stamatis Liontos,

Thanks for your patience. We have recently made playback improvements in the latest beta release of Premiere Pro. Would you mind trying the latest beta to check if it's working properly? If possible, please also check the playback of any 24fps 10bit 4:2:2 h.264 media in the latest beta release. You may refer to this link to know more about the Creative Cloud beta program.

-Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your iGPU is not showing up in Windows Task Manager. You need to install the drivers for the Intel iGPU then you will have the option to use Intel's Quick Sync. Premiere Pro will playback more variations of H.264 with Quick Sync as opposed to when using Nvenc. I use Quick Sync instead of Nvenc. That being said you might be surprised at what Quick Sync can do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much for your time Andy 1968!

I try to find the drivers but I can not ... I went to the Intel site and downloaded 2 drivers but both of them are wrong ...

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/212252/intel-core-i911900-processor-16m-cache-u...

Can you help me how can I find these drivers?

I appreciate from the beginning the time you dedicate to my problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some unexplained reason windows does not install the processor graphics card drivers. I formatted the PC and again nothing. I tried with Intel® Driver & Support Assistant again nothing. I really do not know what else to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your Intel CPU have the iGPU? Is it a K series or KF series CPU? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it is not k or kf. it is 11th Gen Intel (R) Core (TM) i9-11900 @ 2.50GHz turbo 5.20 GHz...🙄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it have the iGPU? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont now if it is iGPU... The specs do not mention something about it...

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/212252/intel-core-i911900-processor-16m-cache-u...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-03-07 173759.png

 

Use this tool from Microsoft. After installation on the computer, it will automatically detect outdated or non-installed drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another important thing that I have personally checked now is that before you install this tool, you need to enable iGPU support in the BIOS settings. It is disabled by default. But first you need to make sure that the graphics are built into your Intel 12th generation processor. I have Intel Core i9 K, which has support for internal graphics. After that, use the tool above from Microsoft. It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines