• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 12.1.2 (2018) no longer creates Adobe Encore compliant M4V files

Contributor ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have a need to create Blu Ray discs with simple menus. Upon upgrading to PremiereCC 12.1.2, the M4V files (h.264 files with same blu ray presets as previous versions) Adobe Encore now freezes when importing these files. Thought it might be an Encore problem, but I made a new project in Encore and imported older M4V elementary streams with no problem.  I tried exporting the files from Premiere 12.1.2 with various settings and presets to no avail. Encore locks up when trying to import the files.

Is anyone else experiencing this and, aside from the work-around of having to encode to another format and have Encore re-transcode the file, is there a way to fix this?  I read somewhere else that for some reason, Premiere 12.1.2 was not creating M4V's with valid blu-ray specs.

Can this be fixed or can someone explain if I am doing something wrong. I understand that Encore has been discontinued. I have no problem with that. However, given proper files, the software still works and fulfills my requirements.

Thanks!

-Todd

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no issues importing m4v files from Premiere 12.1.2 into Encore.

Windows 10.

There are a couple things you can do:

Trash preferences

Trash media cache

import project into new project

Export via queue instead of Export or vv.

Change bitrate setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying.

As previously mentioned, I have tried all these.

-Have tried resetting preferences on both PPro and Encore and cleaned caches.

-Have tried different bit rates

-Have tried PPro export and Queuing to Media Encoder

-Have tried using the DEFAULT preset for 1080p, 23.976 (which always worked in the past).

-Running Win 10 Pro.

The ONLY change that has been made since the last time I exported this documentary, is the fact I upgraded Premiere. Nothing else has changed. The documentary still plays identically.  The only difference is the NEW M4V files will no longer import to Encore. Encore freezes upon importing the files as assets.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not tried importing the project into a new one....

Uncheck import sequences natively in AME.

Reinstall Encore and Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me, I have done that as well. I have tried exporting other timelines from other projects as well. I have created new projects as well.  Even tried software vs. hardware export.  No M4V from 12.1.2 will import into Encore.
Just to be sure. I opened a project from late last year in CC2017 (version 11.0) and did a Blu Ray export (same settings). That M4V file imported perfectly into Encore.

Somehow, I don't think it is anything I am doing.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I am out of ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the ideas though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is odd. My tests also imported okay. For these users, old exports import okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. It's not only odd, but frustrating. I wish someone from Adobe could weigh in with a possible suggestion or at least an explanation.
It has something to do with Encore scanning the file (as it does) when it imports. When you import the M4V from 12.1.2, it begins to scan it (hard drive runs continuously) then the program (Encore) freezes. I have left it sitting there for over an hour to see if anything happens, but nothing does.

In the bug reporting area, someone also reported that M4V files generated from 12.1.2 won't even import into Scenarist.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried a 1080p file: imports fine.

very last idea: change m4v to mts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately it yielded no change. I'm going to try to post the problematic file to see if it works for anyone else. The frustrating bit is the fact that older M4V files still work just fine in Encore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my phone so can't see this well. I would also examine the possibility that something is different about the xmpses file or the like. What sidecar files do you see?

Can you post a very short sample of a problem m4v file for download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Stan+Jones  wrote

On my phone so can't see this well. I would also examine the possibility that something is different about the xmpses file or the like. What sidecar files do you see?

Can you post a very short sample of a problem m4v file for download?

I would love to post.  Is there a good place to do so? Is there a service here, or do I have to dropbox it?
As I replied to Ann Bens, the frustrating bit is that older M4V's are still importing just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See below. I posted the files.Ann BensStan Jones

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

encore bluray.png

Reinstall AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's irritating. I re-installed Encore. I still cannot get it to import. Re installing media encoder now.
Which version of Win 10 are you on?
I'm using:
Win 10 Pro
Version: 1803

Build: 17134.228

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 10 Pro

So am I.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n1rol7yduhrr670/AAA0a-DBD6r8ToGKyGAj-q_ga?dl=0
There are two m4v files here.. Appropriately labeled. One is from version 11 and it works. The other is from 12.1.2 and locks up Encore.  I just created these files today as yet another test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can import both files into Encore CS6, 6.0.2.004. Make sure that you have the latest version of Encore.

Mac OSX or Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both import for me.

Move the m4v to an empty folder - does it import? There have been times in the past where faulty sidecar files create problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay... I've re-installed both Encore and AME. I'm using:

Win 10 Pro

I am at a complete loss as to why two users can import my files, but I can only import M4V files from an older version of Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. It has to be something unique to my machine (and the others who have had similar issues posted on the bug website).
I just had a co-worker, who also has Encore, import the files, and they work fine.
Now I'm thoroughly irritated... haha!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem for me. Encore just hangs with any m4v files from latest version of Premiere/Encore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further update to this, in my case which appears to be similar if not the same as the original poster, all pre-CC2018 M4V files play fine and import into Encore without a hitch. Now, regardless of settings or whether Software or Hardware encoded, M4V files from Premiere/Media Encoder 2018 consistently fail and crash Encore.M4V Bug.png

I compared the MediaInfo between a file that works (A) and one that doesn't (B). The only difference I can tell - despite both using the same export settings - is that the one that works correctly flags as "PAL". The one that doesn't fails in encore and is missing the line in MediaInfo.

Any ideas how to fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try the "bad" file on another machine? As noted above, some of us can import the "bad" files successfully. It looks like an interaction between machine and PR version export.

We may not have tried enough files yet: can you post your bad file for us to check?

What OS for you?

I don't recall if we got a report back on my question in this or another thread regarding xmpses or xmp sidecar files. I.e. delete them or move the m4v file to another directory and try to import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines