• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 12.1.2 (2018) no longer creates Adobe Encore compliant M4V files

Contributor ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have a need to create Blu Ray discs with simple menus. Upon upgrading to PremiereCC 12.1.2, the M4V files (h.264 files with same blu ray presets as previous versions) Adobe Encore now freezes when importing these files. Thought it might be an Encore problem, but I made a new project in Encore and imported older M4V elementary streams with no problem.  I tried exporting the files from Premiere 12.1.2 with various settings and presets to no avail. Encore locks up when trying to import the files.

Is anyone else experiencing this and, aside from the work-around of having to encode to another format and have Encore re-transcode the file, is there a way to fix this?  I read somewhere else that for some reason, Premiere 12.1.2 was not creating M4V's with valid blu-ray specs.

Can this be fixed or can someone explain if I am doing something wrong. I understand that Encore has been discontinued. I have no problem with that. However, given proper files, the software still works and fulfills my requirements.

Thanks!

-Todd

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried moving the file to different folders and different harddrives, no luck.  I have ruled out audio as the issue as it doesn't work with or w/o it in WAV or AC3 format.  Here is a Dropbox link to a very short file I cannot import... but when I make it with CC2017 it works fine:

https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Morrow%20Road/TEST%20post%20adobe%20cleanup%20H.264%20standard%20exp...

(side-note--I attempted phone support with Adobe twice yesterday--I waited over 30 min listening to awful elevator music and then was disconnected both times!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info on moving the file.

On my phone and hard to look at the various threads. Does this affect any Mac OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see with MediaInfo the Video Standard (PAL) is not animore included in the meta data it is marked as "unspecified", which create several uncommon issues while try to multiplex it (this has changed between CC2018 - 12.0 and 13.02)
I also see between CS5.5 and CS6.0 the MBAFF Checkbox (Macroblock Adaptiv Frame-Field Coding) is useless, it is always Interlaced, it is not anymore MBAFF possible to Export. Ant this missing feature seems to continue into the last availabe Version of CC2019!

So please Adobe, could you check the PAFF Picture-Adaptive Frame-Field / MBAFF Macroblock Adaptiv Frame-Field Settings in the Blu-ray H264 Export and try to fix it?

MBAFF.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I have Encore 5.1 and newly leased Premiere 2019.   I can import DVD and Vimeo (MP4) no not problems but any setting of h.264 Blu-ray just hangs.  Clearly the latest Priemere creates an invalid blu-ray file. 

Thanks - but no thanks to Adobe for their latest and greatest release.  I  guess since Adobe no longer support Encore, "not my problem".

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried 13.1.3 bluray (default preset) with Encore CS6 and it import without issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a colleague test my "Bad" file too. He can get it working.

He is running a Mac
I'm running a PC (Windows 10)

Is it something to do with M4V as didn't Apple design that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also running a PC Windows 10, latest updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. Others of us have no problem with those files in Windows.

What version of windiws: home, pro etc? One user had installed the windows media option. Makes me wonder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I am having the same issue since my last CC update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear ADOBE, PLEASE, fix this bug with the new m4v encoding, which is carshing with a lot of DVD authoring software, not just with Encore. PLEASE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is useful information; what other software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me in 13.0.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's 2021 and I'm encountering this exact same issue with the latest premiere pro cc m4v file and Encore CS5 (cs6 no longer available for me to upgrade). Did you ever solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines