Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 14.2, disappearing layer elements, when clip speed has changed

Participant ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please help me, becase I can't find any solution to my problem, and because of this I can't edit the footage and the client is mad, I'm going to loose my job, because this bug.

SO I have the 14.2 version, I tried 14.3 as well, but it was extremely unstable so I downgraded, even this one is a joke compared to the old 13.xx.

But the main problem is something else. When I apply speed ramp, or even just change the speed of a clip, and place another clip, or layer above it, some parts of the nested sequence for example does not show up anymore, until I click on the eye icon on the layer above it, then the forst layer recovers.

I also attached a video to present my problem, is extremely weird, possibly cause by some wront setup or IDK, but plese help me to find out what is this, I need to finish my edit Monday.

1000x thank to anyone who can solve this mystery.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upload your video to YouTube as a private video and paste the link here. That way, we don't have to download to watch. However, I did download it...

Regarding your problem: the black video has the Opacity set to 0%. That is why you don't see it on whatever video track you put it.

If that is not the problem, then you may consider nesting the object so the speed ramp takes place inside the nest. Time remapping can cause several problems when used in conjunction with other effects.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the video on YT: https://youtu.be/gwYXpHlRkJQ

The black video is just an another example the title above the nested video, makes the roght bottle to disappear, but WHY? It has nothing to do with it, and as I said, If I leave the title animation on the original 100% speed, it's ok, but I need to chage it to 110%, and this cause problems.

BUT the two layes has nothing in common what is the relation between them, why is premiere doing this.

Unfortunately I can't try any of these until I get back to the office monday, but any other help would be appreciated.

I have an i9 7990K with 96gb ram and a 2080TI, can not believe that premiere can't handle a simple thing like this 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also...

First, try rendering. Does the issue still arise when you have rendered?

Second, clear your media cache. This has fixed a similiar issue I have had in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it, unfortunately does not make any chenges. It's impossible to solve this ossie.

I just updated to the latest nvdia studio driver. But PRemiere is still unstable, lot's of glitches, the old 13.7 version was much better, but that one, does not have hardware acceleration.

What should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed some more people experiencing issues with the 2080TI card.

Perhaps this thread will help you: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/hardware-encoding-not-working-on-premiere-pro-14-3-serio...

It suggests to install the Beta version of PPro or revert back to a previous firmware version from nVidia...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the source type of your bottle animation? Is it a dynamically linked Ae comp or a video asset? If an Ae comp, are you able to go into Ae and render it out as uncompressed footage and than replace it in PPro?

You have tried nesting that clip in PPro, right?

Seems like a re-drawing issue with your GPU...

Just trying to help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this question is from a few years back but I had the same problem and solved it by changing the renderer in the project settings from CPU acceleration to software only. Hopefully this helps if people still runs into this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thx alot it work.

So it's a bug from GPU driver or i should update Premier Pro?    Will this slow down my export time?  thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines