• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 14 can't drag items into project or move items in a project into bins

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Premeire 14 on a Mac and after that I couldn't drag items from Finder into the project window.  I was also unable to move items already in a project into bins.  This was around a month ago then I went on medical leave.  Monday I opened a project and I was able to drag and drop and move items around.  Two days later I opened the same project and Premiere was back to not allowing me to drag and drop for import or move items to bins that are already in the project.

I have tried selecting different workspaces, keeping the project folder and the Finder window on the same monitor to make sure it's not a dual monitor issue and starting the project from the Premiere splash screen and loading the project file directly.  Nothing I do seems to make a difference right now.

I have noticed there's a device control error with v. 14 and High Sierra that deselects "none" from the menu.  Forum searchs pointed me to a solution for that.  Any thoughts?  Hard to trace since it seems to come and go.

Running High Sierra on a Late 2013 Mac Pro with 64 gigs of RAM.  Files are located on a server on a fiber network.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

v. 14.5.0 (Build 51)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mouse draggin function appears to be working again after resetting preferences but it could also just be be working again like it was two days ago.  Thanks for that advice and I will continue to watch it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I'll look into it since my Project panel is undocked and on the second monitor so I can a much bigger view of that window.  I can still drag items to the timeline just can't move them around in the project such as sorting into bins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like it may be the undocked window bug.  I started a new project and wasn't able to drag media into the undocked project window.  I moved the project tab back into the main Premiere layout, now it's docked, and I was then able to drag new media into the project window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also happens for me. If I open Premie by double clicking a project I am unable to move assets in the Project window. It wont let me drag and drop anything in the Project window.  If I open Premiere from the application icon I am then ble to move assets around and into different bins in the project window. Very annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset workspace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines