• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 15.1 UI issues

Explorer ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having serious issues with 15.1 on two PCs that are almost identical in setup. These issues do NOT exists in 15.0.

First, naviagting the timeline is erratic. Moving cips forward and back is almost impossible. They do not show a preview while moving them. I can not move an audio tracks volume keyframes smoothly. When dragging they just bounce all over the place. I also often loose the ability to select clips in the timeline on any track. I have to click an item in my bin in order to "unlock" the timeline and then I can select a different clip. Also moving theplayhead is extremly lagging and the preview monitor will just lock up.

I've tried restting workspace, clearing cahe and memory disk and resetting preferences. Nothing changes the above behaviour. Again NONE of these isse exist for my in Premiere 15.0

Windows 10

AMD Ryzen 3950x

32 GB RAM

Nvidia RTX 2070 (461.40)

970 EVO Plus 250GB NVMe (OS and App drive)

addlink M.2 PCIE G3x4 NVMe 1TB (storage drive used for Adobe Cache files)

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow ... that's bizarre.

You can revert to 15.0, it's fine, but then go up to 15.1, and it's wonky. Have you tried uninstalling 15.x and reinstalling? Especially with the Adobe CC Cleaner tool perhaps?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure have, except the cleaner tool. Not sure how that would make any difference on the UI performance. Since it is happening on two PCs, I doubt it is a random preference issue..

Not sure if anyone else has this issue. I have a buddy with a similar spec machine, I'll get him to test it as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue since last update. 

after some time using the program, my timeline starts to stop working and i can't click and move any footage. I have to click at the top bar or the timeline below program preview to move the clips, and i can't see the clips moving either. 

i tried everything you tried and i am with the same issue. i can't work proprely with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried 15.2 and it has the exact same issue at 15.1. I rolled back to 15.0 and AGAIN 15.0 works just fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are looking into this.
This is likely related to audio waveform drawing.  Please try one of followings to workaround this issue.
- Disable the waveform drawing in timeline (at the timeline wrench icon > disable "Show Audio Waveform").
- Render Audio (Sequence menu > Render Audio)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speaking of wavefrom re-draw issues, this brings up another issue. When we zoom into the time line the waveform shifts. It turns out, the zoomed out version waverform is NOT in sync with the video, but when we zoom way in, it is. We have to cut our interviews at full zoom in order to not cut at the wrong place. The waveform at a zoomed out level is inaccutate an practically useless. Extremely time consuming and frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kjricker,

How are you? Hope we can help you fix this bug. Do you have any nested audio in your timeline? What happens if you remove the audio from the timeline?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. No nested audio. Just simply .mp4 clips provided by the client edited on a single timeline. We got around the issue this time by uploading the clips to Vimeo and then downloading their highest quality version and using those. Running the clips through Media Compressor to any fomat did not help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried any of @MMeguro's suggestions? If you have time, and would not mind, please do so and return with any feedback. The community would really appreicate it. 🙂

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I have'nt yet. I can try them tomorrow and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines