• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 15.2 is crashing while working every few minutes

New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, what's going on? I just downloaded this latest update and now Premiere is crashing every few minutes. I mean seriously it glitches then won't let me load anything into the source monitor, won't let me render, and won't let me play back clips on the main monitor... I have to turn the computer off and let it sit for 10 minutes or so then I can work with another clip for a minute or two before it happens again. This is really getting frustrating...

Chris

Mod note: I changed the title of your post to reflect your issue. Thx.

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

updates often make greater demands on your system, so make sure your system meets minimum requirements.

And we can't help you unless you give us some basic information

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card

And I'd suggest you revert to the previous version so you can get back to work.  If you deleted the previous version, you can reinstall it using the adobe creative cloud app.  Just go to the apps page and you'll see three dots (an elipsis) to the far right of Premiere and when you click on it, you'll see an option for other versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to roll back my install and all the instructions I find online are like yours - go to the three dots and choose a prior version. But my only options are "uninstall" and "learn more" - neither of which help me roll back my 15.2 install. Is there any other way to roll back a current installation?

PC: i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ChrisLicence, we are sorry to hear the instability you are experiencing, and we are here to help.

To start, would you mind providing some information on your system spec? What is your OS version? What GPU are you using? What is your GPU driver version? Is this a laptop or desktop? Can you also help describe a bit more on the glitch?

Thanks,

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ChrisLicence, we have discovered a system compatibility issue between PPro 15.2 and certain Nvidia graphics drivers on notebook. If you happen to be on a notebook with Nvidia GPU and you haven't updated your Nvidia drivers for a while, then likely updating Nvidia driver would resolve those crashes for you.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-fix-for-nvidia-gpu-crashes-when-using-a-laptop-on-wi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a very similar problem to what @ChrisLicence is reporting, although it's gotten progressively worse.  In fact, I just relaunched my system and Premiere won't launch at all, although it appears in Force Quit Applications, where I cannot quit it.  This is the first time I've been unable to lauch it, but I've had it get stuck a few times now where I could not fully quit and a reboot was required to quit PP fully.  

I'm currently running PP 15.4 on:

macOS Catalina 10.15.7 / iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) / 4ghz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 / Memory: 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Memory / Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4 GB / External Media: 60TB Synology DiskStation attached via Sonnet thunderbolt to 10gb ethernet adapter.   

A couple of weeks ago I upgraded to v15.2 just before starting a new project and everything was going smoothly at first (I've been jamming on a quite a number of projects on this system since March 2020 when we went remote, never have had an issue), then the program and source monitors began to lock up starting yesterday morning (audio would play, but picture was frozen).  A couple of hours or so ago I upgraded to v15.4 hoping it would help.  Things only got worse.

I duplicated the project but that didn't help.  The problem seemed to begin when I was trying to adjust color on a b-roll shot that I'd applied a LUT too - nothing new for my work flow though, but everything began to get buggy after I was playing with that particular shot.  I disabled the clip in the timeline but that didn't clear up the issue either.  I'm going to post this and try to reboot again.  

Any help would be appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem solved!! - at least for me.  

I was able to reach adobe support via chat and after explaining the issue and disucssing things I'd already tried, we tried a couple of things, including creating a fresh timeline and copying and pasting the content from the suspect timeline to a new timeline (didn't work for me), we tried closing Premiere, then renaming the Premiere Pro folder located at Documents/Adobe/Premiere pro to "Old Premiere Pro" (I'm on a Mac) so that when we opened Premiere Pro again, it would start fresh - worked like a charm and I'm back to a fully functional, no crash editing experience!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines