• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 15.4.1 Never Ending Pinwheel When Opening Project

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently whenever I opened any Premiere project, I would get the spinning pinwheel of death (MBP 15" 2019, macOS Catalina 10.15.17). I couldn't adjust anything and the only option would be to force quit. After reopening Premiere while holding [option] I could access the project but Premiere would reset to its default settings. I would restore my settings but run into the same problem next time I tried to reopen the project.

I believe I found the issue. I have a second monitor (Dell 27" 4k IPS) that I connect via USB-C. In Premiere, I would have my Adobe Monitor 2 checked for playback. After disabling this, I am able to save and reopen the project no problem. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there a better solution than disabling and reenabling the second monitor each time?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Curtis Visual Works,

We're sorry about this. Is this happening after updating Premiere Pro to 15.4.1? Have you tried installing the previous version of Premiere Pro & checked if it's working properly?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This happens after the update this happens if I go back a version. It comes and goes. It was fine for 2 weeks and now I can't run Premiere on my laptop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines