• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2021 malfunctioning in ways I don't understand

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am ready to throw things! I've been trying to create video projects and the following things have been happening: playback suddenly won't work. I can't select a video clip to crop or resize. When I try to shut down and start over, I get a "Not responding" circle of death. I've cleared the media cache. I've shut down and restarted Premiere, shut down and restarted my laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad running Windows 10.) 

Any ideas? I'M SO FRUSTRATED!

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without knowing a lot more details, no ... and of course, I do understand the frustration!

But full specs on the computer, the media you're using, any effects applied ... this would give us something to work from.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a bug we had in the last version, Rev. Can you update and try in the new version?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a newer version than 15.4? My account says I'm up to date. There is SO MUCH I don't know - like, can I uninstall and reinstall without losing everything? I'm having problems on two different computers, the Lenovo laptop and a Dell desktop. 

Lyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Rev, that is the current version so that's fine. I know how you feel. I was overwhelmed when I first learned NLEs!

Yes, you can uninstall and reinstall without losing everything. You just need to save the .pproj file AKA "the project file" that you named "ABC Project" or whatever the name of your project is. As long as you keep that safe and your media save, then by all means, feel free to uninstall and reinstall. What you might try before that is to create a new project and import the old project into the new one. That can work. Let us know!

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RevLyn!

Sorry about the trouble. What type of media files are you editing (codec/ format, frame rate, frame size)?

Does it happen with a specific project?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you provide the full specificiatons of your computers (as Neil requested), be sure include the storage capacity of your C drives as well as how much free space there is.

Something that can easily bring video editing (among other compuer tasks) to a standstill is not having adequate space available.  For a standard hard drive, I'd try to always keep at least 20% free.  For a SSD drive, I'd always try to keep at least 10% free - especially if it's the boot drive.

Also, are you already storing your source footage on a separate drive that you're confident can maintain the sustained data transfer rate of your footage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines