• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2022 (22.2) Stops Responding Constantly

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to Premiere 2022, I've experienced crashing every 5 to 10 minutes. I've tried working on different projects, including brand new projects and ran into the same issue.

I'll be working on a timeline and suddenly premiere will lock up. Sometimes it's trying to make a cut during playback. Sometimes it's adjusting an audio effect. Sometimes I'm working with BRAW footage. Othertimes I'm not. I can't seem to find a single action or cause.

I don't receive an error message. Premiere simply stops responding and I have to force quit it.

Obviously, this has been extremely disruptive and annoying.

I'm on Windows 10.

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X

64 GB Ram

Working off an Internal WD Black HD.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working from a HDD is not ideal especially with BRAW footage.

You need a faster drive or work with proxies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply! I've never had an issue running BRAW of a HDD prior to this update - and the crashing has been happening on projects that didn't use braw or 4k footage.

I've confirmed that my drivers and graphics are up to date, and have tried clearing the media cache.

I've just downgraded to 22.1, so I'll see if that reduces the problem I'm experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every update/grade is more system demanding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I haven't experienced the issue after reverting back to 22.1. This issue seems to be specific to the 22.2 update. I was unable to diagnose the cause of the issue, as it seemed to be so random. The only thing regular about it was that it'd happen constantly every 2 to 10 minutes.

It's nice to be able to continue editing in 22.1 in the meantime, but it'd be great to have the issue fixed in the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As well as clearing media cache, creating a brand new project, testing different media files, etc - I also tried toggling the Audio In setting to "none" as suggested by some other posts I found. None of these steps were able to resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines