Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2022 audio lagging

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a very strange playback problem in Premiere 2022. When I put a video with audio into the timeline, and try to play it back, the video runs smoothly but the audio lags behind, is choppy, as if in slow motion. I couldn't find any way to fix this ansywhere, so I'm posting this here. My system is quite fast and I don't experience any playback issues in any othe application. 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, good playback in a video player applicaiton does not guarantee good playback in a video editing application.

Have your reviewed this troubleshooting document in the Premiere Pro user guide?

Troubleshoot issues related to playback and performance in Premiere Pro

What file format is your source footage?  Is it a format that's good for editing?  That is, is it an intermediate format rather than a record format or a delivery format?

Are your Sequence Video Previews set to match a format that's good for editing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's QuickTime Pro-res 422. So, yes, it's perfect for editing and I never had a problem on an older, way slower machine with Preimiere CS6-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProRes can still be edited smoothly.

How confident are you tht your storage media can maintian the sustained data transfer rate of ProRes?  Have you tried a benchmark tool like Blackmagic Speed Test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm extremely confident. Right now it's stored on an external raid system that I use to playback 4K DPX files in real-time with my film restoration software. There must be another reason. I mean, the main purpose of a video editing software is to playback video without a hitch. As I said, no problem on my WAY slower machine with CS6. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines