Premiere 2022 captions and graphics performance issues

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Before this new update to Pr Pro 2022, my M1 16Gb RAM iMac was doing absolutely fine. It could handle anything from video and audio fx to color grading to captions, all at once in the same timeline. I could basically start and finish my whole project without losing performance. I usually edit 30 min documentaries and my computer doesn't even flinch. However, since the last update with the whole new "import, edit, export" workflow, whenever I try to use captions and graphics, my computer just goes bananas.

Is this a thing? Has anyone experienced the same? Did my 6-month-old, 1700€ computer just turn into trash overnight?

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd try emptying Media Cache by going to Premiere Pro/Preferences/Media and Disk Cache and following the options.

I'd also try resetting preferences: 

1. Hold down: Alt/Options on Mac or Alt on (Windows).
  2. Keep holding down the Alt key, and click on the Premiere Pro app icon to open it.
  3. In a few seconds, it asks you “Are you sure you want to reset your preferences?”. Click OK.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines