Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Premiere 2022 Dynamic Link Issue

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded. to 2022 on iMac. Opened a project I started last week that relies on dynamic linking to After Effects comps. The comps will not relink to Premiere 22 and the app stalls out making me have to Force Quit the application.

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buddy, everything is good on Win 10. Switch to an operating system like mine.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're funny.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm actually from Cupertino. Please don't try that one on me, Baffy. 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, the only way to get to you is this 🙌👍

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried deleting the dynamic link comps from your project outright, and then reimporting the AE comps from scratch?

I guess worst case scenario, you could always ditch Dynamic Link for this project and export out graphic sources as ProRes 4444 or whatever have you.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are good suggestions, ah.photo. Thank you.

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry no they are not. Please test your software before releasing it. Dynamic link has been buggy for years and I hate using it. I'm using it for one project importiting titles because disk space is at a premium and of course this update screws everything up. I don't spend thousands of dollars on your software to be Adobes Beta tester I'm your client. Dynamic link needs to be fixed with legacy support once and for all OR DROP THE FUNCTIONALITY. This company has more legacy support for Mr. Mecury than it does for dynamic link SMH. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did. On reimport the app stalled out again, was forced to force quit.

I would do the render-out method, but it would be sad, it would not only slow me down but seems so 2012.

My guess is Adobe is busy with MAX right now.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem here - I had to replace all dynamic links with png sequence exports... Temporary measure, but I knew the risks - never update mid project 😞

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After force quitting Premiere about 20 times today I just got lucky by restarting my Mac - with all apps still closed first open your after effects file - when that is completely loaded up only then open up your Premiere project. Could be worth a try

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am under a couple deadlines, so I uninstalled Premiere/After Effects 2022 and reinstalled Premiere 15.4.1 and After Effects 18.4.1

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled old version too. What a desappointment… and waste of time.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here... Dynamic Link is literally the only reason i am still on adobe instead of final cut, and after the update it just doesnt work... UUGH, if this isnt fixed soon (like within a couple of weeks) Adobe and I are gonna break up.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue here. I'm working with about a 100 comps that are linked to and Ae comp that is dynamically changed so unfortunately there isn't a work around. Please Fix Adobe! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, it actually makes the Pr projects un usablle for me, i dont have the option to remove Ae Dynamic link assets as the timeline is frozen with a spinning wheel directly after opening.

This needs sorting asap.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening the project file for the After Effects comp you have linked. Then open Premiere. This has worked for me as a temporary solution.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best Practices Sidebar: It is generally a very bad idea to update software in the middle of a project, especially if deadlines loom. Unless you have a very compelling reason, or your boss has forced it on you, please don't do that.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Great reminder. Once Adobe allowed for reinstallation of previous software versions , I enabled auto-update, I suppose this is just a hazard of that. I am okay with a work-around to get a job done, but my main concern is giving more input to increase the stability of Premiere. I drank the Adobe kool-aid® years ago, want to do my part to make it better

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue here. Here is what worked for me. Save As your Ae project with another name and relink to this one. Even though for some reason premiere loses the link everytime it quits, this workaround will work for rendering on the same session. This really sucks from Adobe, not the first time the dynamic link has issues on updates. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines