Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Premiere 2022 project recovery does not work anymore

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere 2022 does not seem to recovery saves when it crashes. Autosave still works as expected, but when the software crashes (annoyingly often in this set up) it never offers to recover the project upon restarting premiere.

Its hard to pinpoint what is causing the crashes but it seems to happen often when manipulating transparent "essential graphics" text layers. simply clicking and dragging the head or tail of a text layer can cause a freeze which will then need to be force quit. when re-opening the software i have not once gotten a recovery prompt. The behavior seems quite random as it will freeze once every 40 or 50 times i adjust a text layer.

Needless to say i'm an animatic editor and every single shot in my timeline has an essential graphic label that i'm often trimming or mouse dragging out with the rest of the footage.

I'm running premiere 2022 version 22.5.0 (I'm currently stuck on this version with the rest of my co-workers until we complete this phase of edit)

MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

Is this a known issue with this particular version? is project recovery still supposed to work? or is there a way to jumpstart it by trashing preferences or something? Thanks so much in advance.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Effects and Titles , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

gotta say, I've never found the project recovery to happen dependably...  I have my autosave interval set to 5 minutes so if I have a crash, I never lose more than 5 minutes and usually much less.    Autosave only takes a second or 2, so I barely notice it... 

We might be able to help determine what's causing the crashes if you tell us your system specs beyond what you've included in your post: amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.   And by any chance are you any of your sources from a smartphone or screen recordings?  If so, the issue may be caused by sources with variable frame rates which can cause intermittent and unpredictable issues... 

Here's how to diagnose and solve that issue

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate setting the quality slider in the video panel to maximum
https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines