• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 22.0 won't playback video and crashes

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to Premiere Pro 22.0 and updated a previous project to work in on the new version. When the video attempts to play the audio works but the video freezes. Then the app freezes and needs to force quit.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you trash all media cache before opening the old project into a new version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried trashing all media cache, and now the Premiere application freezes while attempting to link the media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a fix for this yet? Same problem! I trashed the media cache and it stalls during playback! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mgracea,

Sorry. What kind of media? What kind of computer? Do you have any specs for troubleshooting?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I basically have the same issue. Since it sneak-updated to 2022 version it now freezes almost immediately if I try to play video. I Haven't 100% tracked down the different ways to make it freeze is but it seems like a reliable way to make it freeze is to play the video at 2 speed increases (e.g just pressing L twice.)

What happens is that the audio keeps playing but the video is frozen and the rest of the program is frozen, so just need to force restart the program.

I've noticed that if you close the "Program" video (e.g where the video is playing) the video does not freeze, so I Can still edit the video by only using the audio.

I've tried clearing the media cache and playing the preview window in as low quality as it would go but still happens. Reinstalling an older version now (15.4.1?) Hopefully this is a right version and this works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, so after downloading the older version and opening the old project in that things seem to work. Pretty  annoying because I have done a lot of editing just using the audio, but I am unable to open that project in the old version so now I just need to either keep editing on a project where I risk not being able to play the video during editing (which would basically be impossible to complete), or re-do all the work I've done in 2022 on the old project, which is probably what I will do since I don't know when or how this issue will be fixed in 2022 version. Just sucks that they spew out these updates and sneakily apply them, creating non-backwards compatible projects while also breaking crucial functionality. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sorry about that Jarle.

Not sure why the beta didn't expose your issue with a number of editors. Confounding! You may be able to export XML from your current project and then open it in version 15.x. Can you try that?

The updates for me requires my interaction with clicking a button in CC Desktop. That said, there is an automatic update feature that you do need to make sure is disabled. That can sting you. Check to see that it is disabled for future updates, if that's what you prefer.

You didn't meantion any computer specs or the media you are working with. Is it possible to get that for troubleshooting purposes? Is it Sony XAVC based? H.264 or HEVC? Let me know. Hope I can help.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you download the older version? My CC account only listed one version and it's 2022. I am having this problem now because my motherboard died and I reinstalled windows onto a new SSD. My old projects play extremely chopppy and have become unuseable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KCSTEELE

I have attached a picture that shows you where to find it in the creative cloud app. If you click on the three dots you have the option to choose "other versions"

PP.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, this is a flaw and it needs to be fixed in the next update. It is impossible to work. I suffer myself and there is no inspiration to create something. Developers make a productive and smooth timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You described this problem and fix perfectly. It's stuff like this that makes you consider switching NLE's. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is rediculous!  Though I am running Premiere Pro on an older laptop with graphics card issues, I as able to use it.  I just used it a week ago, but today when I launced Premier Pro, I noted it was now 2022, not 2021.  I get about two minutes into my project and the whole thing crashes.  Even closing the project, trashing the cache and all, I cannot complete this project.  There doesn't seem to be any work around or anything to rectify this issue.  I trust that Adobe is going to fix their screw up, I hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

It's Kevin from support. This might be a different problem than the OP. Can we get details around your computer system and media? The more info you have, the more it might help the community to troubleshoot. Sorry for these problems.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep 5 days in to this update and haven't managed to play back a single project - a fix is required asap, I pay too much money for these failings. 
Appears to play about 3 seconds, then stops with the loading symbol, followed by it shutting down without no error or warnings. 
Was wondering if it was to do with the Windows 11 Upgrade, is anyone else on this Windows version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still using Win 10. I plan to switch to Win 11 in 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Nvidia driver may not be an exception. I noticed as soon as I installed the latest Nvidia Studio driver. I started to lag. Try the previous version of the driver from Nvidia Studio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only updated my Nvidia Driver after the issues occurred, also it doesn't lag, it freezes and shutsdown. Lagging I'd actually deal with as I have only got my latest device in the last 4 months so lagging was a daily issue before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shezcan,

How are you? I'm Kevin from Adobe Support. Sorry for these issues. Is it possible to get info on your system and media? We don't have any info there and we need that to help, if you don't mind.

I see you are running Windows 11. Unfortunately, that is not yet a supported OS according to system requirements. 

Your experience sounds pretty bad. I've been there and, on behalf of the product team, I apologize for this situation.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, 

I did wonder however it seems the issue I am having is not related to the version of windows as multiple users are having the same issue and not on Windows 11 yet. 

Here is My Device Spec: (Definately no reason that Prem Pro should perform)
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
Device ID 7C3CA1B2-D87A-47A3-937F-8D8AA96E14FE
Product ID 00330-81498-03248-AA964
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Touch support with 10 touch points

Look forward to hearing back from you Kevin. 

Shez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I am trying to edit on a brand new dell inspiron with an Intel Iris XE driver, 16 GB memory, and a 256 GB SSD. It should be more than adequate, and yet I cannot edit for more than 2 minutes before video playback freezes and the audio continues. I can click other things, and even save, but when I try to shut the program, it says it is not responding. I have to force shut it through the task manager. I have tried messing with the playback quality, I have deleted the media caches, I have tried updating the intel driver, I have tried using video from other sources, nothing works.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem... I made the mistake of running this update and now I cannot finish some hi-level projects. We need a fix for this ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amy,

Sorry about that. What kind of media are you working with? Have you tried creating proxies for this media? That is a known workaround for playback freezes. Give it a try.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try that but unfortunately Premiere freezes immediately after launching and does not allow me to do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that fminmanncg. What kind of computer? What kind of media?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines