• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 22.0 won't playback video and crashes

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to Premiere Pro 22.0 and updated a previous project to work in on the new version. When the video attempts to play the audio works but the video freezes. Then the app freezes and needs to force quit.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a MacBook Pro, 10th-Generation Quad-Core Intel Core i5 2.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

1. Launch Pr from a shortcut (Dock, Launchpad, Desktop) while holding down the Shift+Opt keys.  Opt resets prefs and Shift clears plugin cache. (Taskbar, Start Menu, Desktop on Windows) (Shift+Alt on Windows)
  2. Keep the keys pressed until the main program window appears.
  3. Before trying to open any project or starting a new one, go to Preferences>Media Cache and delete *all* your media cache files.
  4. Now try opening a project or starting a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My files are all in MPEG (MP4) format. I haven't tried exporting anything, as it won't work long enough to do so. I just rolled back the 2022 update to the previous version, and so far, it seems to be working, although I haven't had time to do an extensive trial. I hope to have more time later today. You clearly have some sort of bug/glitch  going on in your 2022 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sydney,

Sorry about this. What kind of media is this? Is it XAVC variant? H.264 or HEVC? Let us know. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, lots of varied media type across different projects (MXF, MP4, MOV). Mostly working on a Apple Mac Pro, occasionally an 2019 Apple Macbook Pro. But the problem seems to be mostly around the After Effects files that are dynamically linked into the Premiere file. I was able to re-install the 2021 version to resume my workflow-- but it's crazy there doesn't seem to be a global fix for this yet when so many people are having issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro 2022 Crashes everywhere in every computer. I'm using Windows X . No preview on video, sound ok but video stops. This is a universal problem. Kevin, instead of asking the type of the material, try to find a quick solutions. Our Projects waits for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin's gone ghost now.... 

Don't understand how other products have had an update yet Prem Pro the most expensive is still without a fix. 

Just to add, starting a new project seems to be ok, I am only a minute into it but so far no crashes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues with Premiere pro 2022.  The footage will not playback at any resolution (but the audio comes out fine) The problem seems to be at its worse with h264 files that are 10bit 4:2:2. It seems to play all other formats just fine. Footage is from a SONY a7siii and Sony A1 (4k footage in a 1080 timeline)

This was working fine before updating to 2022. Running windows 10 on a 14 Core intel processor and 64 gigs of ram with a raid that sustains 2500 Megabytes/sec. Looking at the resource monitor my Nvidia card is at 3% usage and the processor  hovers around 50% at 4.6 gigahertz....so it's not a hardware issue....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive the same issue since the auto update.

Vid freezes .. no  ryhme or reason ... audio runs fine .. although editing is near impossible as timeline isnt functioning .. I can save file but cant close Premiere so then need to crash out and restart.

3 min of vid have taken me 2 hrs .. and Ive another 20 min to go.

Whole project shld only take me 60 min of editing.

Update URGENTLY needed.

Im on a PC .. with specs that had zero issue before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The long-awaited update has been released. But, did they all cover in one. Question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the update yet 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's strange, but it flashed on me, and then it disappeared. Okay, then we're waiting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me. I try to preview HEVC files from my Fuji XT-4 shot in F-Log and the audio plays fine but no video. Same issue if I drag them in to the timeline. This is with a brand new project, not trying to open a 2021 file. It will run the processor cores each at 100% utilization and get the fans spinning fast on my 2019 MacBook Pro, then it crashes. Pro Res footage works fine, it's just the HEVC footage from the fuji that is an issue. When I open the same footage in Premiere Pro 2021 it works totally fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, bro. Recode HEVC into another readable format using the HandBrake program. Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, the Issue continues... Even with a brand-new Project in V22.1.1, newest nVidia Studio Driver, Windows updated, on a Win10 PC with I7 8700k, 64GB DDR4, WD Black PCI Expres SSD and RTX2060, the Video (no Matter if Preview, or Program Monitor) will freeze after at least 10min of Editing. Footage is Gopro7 mp4 and EOS R 8Bit mp4 in C-LOG, haven`t touched the Mavic AIR2 Footage and AE Projects yet.

Pleeease fix that ASAP🙏🙏🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Footage is Gopro7 mp4 and EOS R 8Bit mp4 in C-LOG, haven`t touched the Mavic AIR2 Footage and AE Projects yet.

Pleeease fix that ASAP🙏🙏🙏

By @jand12301107

No wonder it freezes : highly compressed footage.

Transcode to an edit friendly codec or use proxies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! For now it works with Proxies, but its some sort of Bug anyway. Until now (V22.xxx) i didn´t need Proxies for that Kind of Footage. It was choppy but never freezes that Way... Hopefully it will work again in future updates 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a new update with many fixes:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/welcome-to-premiere-pro-22-1-2/td-p/12610643
make sure to clean your cache when you update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

January 12th, 2022 and it started doing this to me 2 days ago. I also hadn't used premiere since it updated to 2022, which has been maybe 2 or 3 weeks. I haven't tried to see the issue happens on my PC, but on my MacBook Pro (bought in 2020) it happens as soon as I try to hit play. I hadn't had this problem prior to updating to 2022. It's a simple project too, just text and audio, so far. Hopefully a fix happens soon, since it appears to have been happening since October of 2021 for other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

Got the file over to my PC and even though it played for about a minute and a half, it still crashed. I haven't had any problems on either computer with premiere until 2022 installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Community,

The OP never returned to the post for a solution, so we will lock it for now so it doesn't turn into a whirlpool of similar issues and people saying, "me too." If you are having a similar issue, please create a new post with details of your system and media. That would help a lot. 

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines